LHD floor mat part 2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: LHD floor mat part 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:10 pm:

Here is a "layup" of a cut and paste RHD floor mat. It is laying on top of a LHD floor mat that is upside down. I have received a photo of a original mat that is double sided.
The problem I have here (not huge) is that these two mats I have here are not from the same manufacturer and so are slightly different dimensions and certainly are made differently. The answer of course is to buy two identical ones and glue them up and them the RHD drive ones will be more authentic than the guys with only the LHD drive ones (grin).
Now to try and find the best glue to use.
one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:13 pm:

Here is a photo of a original mat.
one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:15 pm:

Here is a photo of a original mat.
one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 02:15 pm:

Great job Les. I agree. Had you used mats from the same manufacturer, the cut and paste would have been perfect. Click onto the link below for the best rubber cement to use on the rubber backing. The quart size is the most convenient. Use only the original type, as shown. Not the non-flammable type. We use this extensively in the railcar repair industy for hatch cover gaskets and railcars vibrate even more than the Model T. Paint on both surfaces and allow to dry for 20 minutes. Touch the two halves together only when you are sure they are perfectly aligned, for once joined, you will not be able to pull them apart or even adjust them: www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?BrandID=46&SubcatID=8 Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 08:49 pm:

Jim
Yes Contact Cement is a good option.
One other thing I learned on the weekend, you can buy RHD Model A floor mats. They are roughly 7 times the cost of LHD ones, but they are really nice. Probably not that bad a deal when you consider that the RHD cars are worth more today.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration