Cars and Coffee

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Cars and Coffee
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris S. Hill on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

Leaving to head out to Garden Grove, CA this week and wanted some info. feedback on Cars and Coffee. Wanting to check it out on the 26th.

Time/Location? Any "T" Guys head down there regularly? Worth checking out?

Thanks,
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:32 pm:

Donut Derelicts is at Adams and Magnolia every Sat. morning starting at dawn or before. It's mostly streetrods with the occasional old car. One of my favorite regulars there is a '37 Cord Beverly sedan. It has original drivetrain, but lowered a bit.

You gotta' go to the Holiday Motor Excursion on Sunday 27th. It starts at daylight just north of where the big powerlines cross the 210. You'll be able to tell your friends about seeing Jay Leno in one of his exotics.

I would invite you to ride along, but the wife has agreed to go, for the first time since we got rained out four years ago.

j

rain

loco
Loco steamer

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris S. Hill on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:44 pm:

Thanks Rick,

This is what I got from the Miata Forum:

Sound about right? :

"
If you're a car guy, Cars and Coffee is ABSOLUTELY worth the drive! If you want the full SoCal car show experience, though, I'd suggest that you do the following:
-Wake up early in Garden Grove (about 4am or so)
-Go to the Donut Derelicts meet in Huntington Beach. This is about 10 minutes south of Garden Grove, just a couple blocks east of Beach Blvd. This meet starts gathering about 5am at a donut shop there...lots of hot rods, rat rods, classics, musclecars, etc. gather here.
-Leave Donut Derelicts at 6:30am. Go back up to the 405 South and head to Cars and Coffee. You should get to the C&C meet by 7:00am if you leave the Derelicts meet at 6:30, just in time to see most of the cars arriving at Cars and Coffee!

Both meets are great and are individually worth the trip alone. Donut Derelicts has a cool 50's-70's feel to it, and C&C has a great exotic/classic/concourse feel to it. Considering that you'll be so close by already, there's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy both!

Skip breakfast before the shows, though, because you won't have much time to take everything in. Both shows wrap up by 9am, so plan to eat afterwards...and be prepared to be overwhelmed by the sights. I guarantee you'll have several jaw dropping moments at each event."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:52 pm:

Chris,

Cars & Coffee is definitly a "gotta go to" event.

There are only a few Model Ts that attend, and then only sporatically. Those that do show-up are excellent cars owned by really nice people (like me!).

Check-out: socalcarculture.com to see photos of the C&C gathering and all of the other car shows and events in Southern California.

What'll you be driving? I'll look for you.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 04:05 pm:

Those times may be a little early, as sunrise is near 7am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris S. Hill on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:17 pm:

Bob...I'll be driving a late model Toyota truck lol. Flying out to cali to pick it up and drive it home to Cincinnati....so unfortunately I won't have my T with me. Although my fiance will have to keep me off craigslist while I'm out there so that I don't inadvertantly drag something interesting home. You guys in Cali are lucky..being from the rust belt it amazes me to see all the older cars that are still alive and rust free out there.

Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:08 pm:

My son Bill goes to cars and coffee all of the time. It is supposed to be a cut above Donut Derelicts. I will get him to post a few pictures later in the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 04:35 pm:

As some of you may know, I have a '13 Speedster that I'm trying to get running... But for the last 18 years I have had another two-seat Ford sports car. Here's a link to my photo gallery for Cars & Coffee on the Pantera website.
Enjoy!
http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=6587

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 05:19 pm:

Pantera guys are not all bad. Here's a link to our Pantera Club President's '25 Speedster that he is building.
http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=10535

He should have it ready for Cars & Coffee some time in early 2010

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration