Chaffin's Rocks!!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Chaffin's Rocks!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:05 am:

I phoned an order into Chaffins late Monday afternoon and asked for priority mail as UPS surcharges for where I live (12 miles from town) are pricey.
I had the parts in less than 24 hours!!!!! They mailed the package that evening!!
I just had to publicly thank them for outstanding service.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:09 am:

They have done great by me every time too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:30 am:

Chaffin's has always delivered outstanding service for us. We always buy Ruckstell parts from them because they were the ones to tool up and make them available in the first place. Same goes with many of their other products. Not only that, but they are superior in quality to originals, in our opinion. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 09:17 am:

I visited Chaffin's Garage in November while I was visiting in California. That was a trip, sure was a lotta stuff lying around. We had a very good discussion on my Ruxtell issues. They have a whole lot more than Ruxtell parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 10:56 am:

Best in the West ... Bar None ( and the East, North and South for that matter).

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Locke on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:31 pm:

I'm lucky enough to live 30 min away (or 1 hour driving the T) from Chaffins. I have bought everything I need from them. Dave has answered so many questions for me.

Thanks Guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GLEN CHAFFIN on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:42 pm:

Thanks guys. We don't always please every customer but we try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:55 pm:

Bill,
The advice I've received from Dave alone at Chaffin's is probably worth more than I've spent with them. I've told Dave before that they should give the products away and CHARGE for his advice! They'd likely come out ahead! And as Bob said above, best service bar none.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 12:36 am:

Chaffin's has always been great, and fast! I unexpectedly needed something and got it overnight.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 01:42 am:

Bob I agree with you 110%, I'm one of the lucky few that lives close enough to be able to go any time I need something, my brother and I have a lot to thank Dave and Glen, the advice alone is worth a million bucks.
Dave, Glen thank you very, very much!
Albert G

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph F. Mazor on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 01:55 pm:

My first (and only experience as of yet) experience with Chaffin's is quite different from the one that Bill and most others seem to have had. I called in an order on Monday the 7th of December, 9:15am and was told that everything was in stock and it would go out that day. On the 14th, when the order still had not arrived, I called to ask when the order had been shipped out. I was told that it was packed and going to be shipped today, the 14th, not the same day as when the order was placed rather a week later. As of today's mail it still has not arrived.

How do I qualify for the same day shipping that is advertised? I have no quarrel with the prices or the quality of the parts, at this point from a first time customer it is the service that I find lacking. When I called to inquire about my order I was told that "we were busy" and that was all. I am glad that others have gotten good service from them, but from a first time customer, I am not pleased or impressed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 02:00 pm:

I emailed a tech question concerning one of my T's feeling the T was under powered but had a high compression head, different cam, dual exhaust, and high capacity intake manifold. To my supprise I received a telephone call from them. We discussed the problem and possible solutions for at least a half hour. I did not expect that kind of a response. To say the least, I was impressed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph F. Mazor on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 02:17 pm:

In my earlier thread I need to ammend the dates, my mistake. The order was placed on the 14th not the 7th and I had called on the 21st. Still not here though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 03:43 pm:

Being on the other side of the country from Chaffin's, I am not a regular customer. Having said that, I have bought several items from them over the years.
Dave has gone out of his way looking for parts, checking for odd items for me that may be stuck back in the bins. They are great to deal with and their products are exceptional. Wish they would move over to Tennessee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 03:55 pm:

Joseph,
I noticed that you live in Minnesota. That is quite a distance from Corona Ca and at this time of year, with the many gift packages being mailed and shipped it has not had very long to get there. I have also seen on the news about storm delays all over the middle of the country. Please be patient. (I am not an employee nor have any personal interest in Chaffin's)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph F. Mazor on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 04:50 pm:

You are right in that it has not had long to get here, if I had ordered it on the 21st, but I didn't, I had ordered on the 14th.

The problem that I am having is that I placed my order on the morning of the 14th and it was not shipped out until the 21st. The person who took my order on the 14th told me that it would be shipped out that day. My order was shipped a week after it was ordered, not the same day, as advertised. When I called on the 21st to inquire about the order, I was told it would be here by Wednesday, I did not believe that for a minute. I will consider myself lucky if it gets here by next week.

On a side note, I had bought a set of bearings on eBay on the 14th that also had to come from California, this was after I had called Chaffin's, the bearings got here yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GLEN CHAFFIN on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 05:12 pm:

Joseph is right and is intitled to be displeased. His order somehow fell through the cracks. For some reason we also have his name as Paul. We are human and sometimes fail to live up to our reputation. Hope you will forgive us and ngive us a second chance. Regardless, we have sent him a letter of appology along with a full refund for payment of his order which was shipped Dec. 21. Merry Christmas Joseph (Paul).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 05:33 pm:

Not to get in the middle of the above deal (I've always been happy with Glen and Dave) but I would guess that one of the things that happens is that Dave spends a lot of time on the phone with customers -- which all eats into the time he has to pick and pack orders. I've been there a couple times when he has spent 15 minutes on the phone going over and over something with somebody. There are very few places today where you can call anybody and get any kind of an answer for anything. Companies that start out small end up hiring people who don't know a cotter pin from a camshaft and who can only take an order if you have the correct part number and can give it to them so they can type it into their computer. If there is a tech person, you probably have to email them and hope for a response in 24 to 72 hours. I can empathize with anybody trying to provide customer service and tech support, pick and pack orders and get it all done in one day. A lot of T guys like to BS and it is sometimes hard to take all the time they want you to take to listen to their stories and laugh at their jokes when you have a pile of work to do. I'm pretty glad to have some places where you can actually call and get a person who speaks English, who actually knows what you are talking about and who is actually interested in what you are doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK NELSON on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 05:40 pm:

I think all the parts venders do a good job , and we are fortunate to have them , I try to give them all a little business if I can . I am not perfect so I donít expect others to be, it sounds like they would like to make it right , give them a chance. And thanks to all the venders!!!
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 05:41 pm:

If your order is sent, and they sent you a letter of apology, and gave you a full refund, then that is one fantastic example of customer service. Not many companies will do that anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 06:35 pm:

Joseph I urge you to give Glen and Dave a second chance, I believe that you wonít be disappointed with their service and quality, I also don't have any ownership interest in Chaffin's Garage but I can honestly say that they are great guys in every sense of the word.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 12:10 pm:

Absolutely fabulous vendor follow-up. I've been very satisfied with all parts,information, and tech help received from Chaffin's. Also worth noting that Chaffin's has been consistently better priced for marchandise that multiple vendors handle. Many thanks again Glen and Dave.
Scott Rosenthal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GLEN CHAFFIN on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 06:35 pm:

Merry Christmas to all and thank you for the kind comments.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration