2009 Christmas Cards and Greetings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 2009 Christmas Cards and Greetings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:29 pm:

This is our 2009 Christmas Card. Please join in with your photos, greetings, etc.

Merry Christmas,
Rob, Holly, Ashlea, Elianna and Maedchen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 02:11 pm:

Hi Rob,
Gorgeous card, but even better looking family! I don't remember December in Omaha looking quite that "green" while we lived there!<g> Must have taken the picture earlier, or is it the "global warming"??? Enjoy your young daughters. . . they grow up quickly, and before you know it leave (and then, if like ours, move back in!!!). Hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday (and GO BIG RED!)

Bob and Marilyn Bishop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 02:55 pm:

from Jon Hall (I'm helping him with photo posting):

“Gwen” our Depot Hack, in her winter finery, along with my wife, Barbara, youngest grandson, Tommy, and Gus, our greyhound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:23 pm:

From Holland we wish you a Mery Christmas and
a Happy New Year to all the Forum friends.
The picture is taken inside because the wheels are off ,outside there is snow.
I try to repair some loose spooks
All the best
Toon and Ditty Boer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:24 pm:

name

name1

name2

name3

name4

name5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:28 pm:

\image {Text}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:31 pm:

Text

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:34 pm:

This year our card was not T related but we posted it anyway to show the effects of global warming on Southern Califrnia. That snow man is eight feet tall and is the result of shoveling off the deck.

The other picture is of last year's card. Santa left his reindeer as collateral and took our T Speedster to deliver presents because of the lack of snow due to global warming. Note the snow on the roof at our place, Santa read the wrong newspaper but he got the things there on time due to our Speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 03:37 pm:

Love the Burma Shave Santa signs!!!

My daughter is now convinced we need to do the same next year - but she wants to add a few:

Is that Santa
That I see
Driving in
A Model T
Or did I hear
The elves to say
He should have had
a Model A?

What can I say.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 04:49 pm:

mtfca1
mtfca2

Here's wishing you and yours a Great Christmas and A Healthy New Year!

Roger And DeeAnn Byrne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 05:39 pm:

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Dave and Tammy Stroud

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 05:46 pm:

I just came in from a couple hours in the shop and read the "Christmas" thread. Warming my feet by the computer and composed a little Christmas story to the tune of Jingle Bells. Feel free to add a verse or chorus.

Verse:
Dashing through the snow, in an open Model T
Over the hills we go, Christmas friends to see,
The snow is deep, the grade is steep but up the hills we'll go,
We'll chain it up if we have to and shift to Ruckstell low.

Chorus:
Sleighbells ring, the coils sing, down the road we'll go,
De-liv-er-ing our Christmas wish to everyone we know.

Verse:
Hot donuts in a crock, a jug of cocoa, too
A shovel if we have to dig, a deep drift to go through,
A sled and rope behind, we'll give the kids a ride,
They'll stay out to slide down hill while we play cards inside.

Chorus:
Farming's tough and times are rough but we are doing fine,
I've got a Ford and family, a happy life is mine.

Verse:
The cow is milking good, the hens are laying fine,
We butchered us a big, fat pig, we've bacon in the rind,
The flour barrel is full, not many chores to do,
We've presents to put 'neath the tree and friends to visit, too.

Chorus:
Park the Ford, Coffee's poured, "Howdy, how 'ya do"
"We thought we'd come and spend the day and 'Merry Christmas' you."

I brought my new crib board, a deck of new cards, too,
I know I can outpeg you cause I'm good at "Fifteen-two."
I'll "Fifteen-four" and "Fifteen-six;" my crib will count for four,
I'll maybe let you win one game, then help you with your chores.

Chorus:
Cows to milk, I'll come help you get your chores all done,
I'm only milking mornings now, no hurry to get home.

Gets dark this time of year, right in the afternoon,
We'll stay and have some supper, I think there's a full moon,
Our Ford has got good lights, we'll make it home just fine,
The roads are bad, our Ford is tough, that's the bottom line.

Chorus:
So full of pie I think I'll die, I don't think I could crank,
A Ford and a Monkey Ward battery -- for that I'm darn sure thank --------------- ful.

Verse:
No matter what the day the weather or the snow,
We've got our Ford and it will start at twenty five below,
We'll wrap the babies up and head back to our home,
When you've a Ford to travel with you never are alone.

Chorus:
What a day, a chance to play and visit with our friends,
Good food to eat and lots of laughs, it's Christmas time again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 06:28 pm:

From sunny Adelaide, South Australia. Dave C
xmas 2009

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe stearns on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 07:29 pm:

Stan, I loved your song---You have a real gift. Merry Christmas To all. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 07:32 pm:

Thanks! I really haven't been sitting in here for the last couple hours, I was just talking on the phone to my friends where I'm going for Christmas dinner and sang it to here. She liked it but then she is so nice she would tell me even if she didn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 07:33 pm:

Proofread!!!! Sang it to her. Not here. Doofus!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Protexter on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 07:57 pm:

Rob, the red touring is great but I don't know about the red sweatshirts. Black and gold would be good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 08:59 pm:

Well, I'll try that again. . . I guess the file was too large so it didn't up-load and I couldn't get the system to stop the posting. Anyway, here is the Christmas card we sent out this year, titled "The Drive Home" created by the great county artist, JOHN SLOANE. Considering we own a 1914 Touring, I figured it was just the ticket.

We hope you all have a great holiday season and a healthy new year.

Roger and DeeAnn Byrne

mtfca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan C on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 10:37 pm:

Merry Christmas, Looks like we'll have a white one so I put the T in the garage. All the other vehicles have to be out in the cold. And boy is it getting cold. Best wishes for a great New Year to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 01:35 am:

A holiday tradition has been revived this year at the Shirk home. It started with my dad about 50 years ago. He painted a picture on the "picture window" of the house using Tempra paints. Dad has since passed on and we haven't done this for quite a few years. At the request of my daughter, our window has a picture again!
Verne
Picturewindow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Rice on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 03:10 am:

cardfront
cardinside

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 06:59 am:

Merry Christmas - and for us on the nothern hemisphere - remember that light, sun and warmth will come back - the trees will blossom and we can take our Model T and the kids out in a light green beech forest again:
twins
(I still do not have a picture of my T in the Christmas snow)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:53 pm:

Merry Christmas from Dixie...no snow but lots of spirit...parade

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Vagasky on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 09:05 am:

Merry Christmas everybody from Don And Teta Vagasky.
Tucson Az.
christmas2009

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 12:44 pm:

Merry Christmas and a SAFE Happy New Year from T and TT Ford Parts John and Karen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 02:29 pm:

A Politically correct Holiday message in two parts.

Scroll down for the messages:

To All My Democrat Friends, Californians, Washingtonians and Canadians:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit,
my best wishes for an environmentally conscious,
socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive,
gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice,
with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling,
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010,
but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures, whose contributions to society have helped make America great.

Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.

Also, this wish is made without any regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican, Conservative and True American Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 05:40 pm:

Well it snowed here in Dallas last night so we built a snow man and then went driving. Like any day, today was perfect for Model T driving.

Christmas 2009

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration