T and TT Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: T and TT Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:27 pm:

Do TT hubs fit car axle and spindles?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Vagasky on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:38 pm:

The fronts are the same, the rear ones on a TT are much larger, no way they will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 11:41 am:

Thank you, Don. Next question. Will a car hub replace a TT hub in the TT wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 11:46 am:

Not on the rear.
There may be a way to make a press in insert for the TT hub to downsize it to the T axle.Show your situation to a local machine shop.
You may could bore out the TT hub so a insert could be installed press fit like a sleeve.
Worth pursueing.
Another idea would be to use T car wire wheels on the front,and early AA wires on the back.this may simplfy the machine work.And you wouldnt have to worry about anything being loose in the wood wheel.
If I am correct you must be wanting to use the TT rear wheels on a T car axle.Should make for a neat look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 10:29 pm:

Yes sir, My current question is to use a TT wheel on a T axle. I figured the TT rear axle was large then the T axle. So then I thought maybe a car hub would fit the TT wheel.
Im putting together a design of making a speedster using T compoments on a TT frame. I am after the longer frame. I have the T and the TT frame. I liked the look of the oversized tires and the more massive wheel of the TT.
Mack I'll look into your wire idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 12:32 am:

I make hubs to put 28 AA wire wheels on TT trucks, but have not seen wheels that size and weight on a T rear end, and would definitely not use them on a T front axle and steering system. They would overload these parts. I suggest looking at using 5.25-21" tires an T wire wheels. I have done this on a couple of speedsters and they look more brawny the the stock size. They would also work on the 21" wood wheels. I can get you a picture of them on one of our cars if you like.
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 02:16 am:

Tyrone, contact me if you need TT wheels. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 11:40 am:

Thank all. Erik, yes I want to use my wood 21" wheels. I am looking for a more balky tire. I would like to look at your photo. I see you don't have private mail. You can send me a photo at smilebigtt@yahoo.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration