What Holly Carb is this ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: What Holly Carb is this ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Vagasky on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:32 pm:

What Holly Carb is this, is it a desireable carb to use ??
hollycarb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:42 pm:

H-1 4550 used in 1912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

Not desirable to use. Old style shut off prome to leaking. Hard to dial in to where they run good. I never had any luck with them even after changing over to a newer style shut off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:36 pm:

Don,

I have one that was rebuilt by Russ Potter. It runs very well. As a core carburetor in the condition shown it is worth $250 - $300. After restoration $650 - $850.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Vagasky on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 09:19 am:

Thanks everybody and Royce, how are those "Watermen" treating you so far? You know the watermen say there are only three kinds of people who live in Virgina,...."Dey born hea", "Dey been hea" and "Dey come hea". I never did get my "been hea" statis.
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 11:03 am:

Don,

Its not too bad in Virginia. More Cowboy fans here than there were in Tucson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 11:40 am:

Royce,
I been dea. Went to the Cumberland Gap lookout and stepped into one corner of your state while looking at Tennessee. Parked in Kentucky! 3 states in a few minutes.

I never saw a carburetor like the one pictured above.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 01:00 pm:

Norm, we did something similar three years ago. Anja is standing in Germany, Elisabeth is standing in Belgium and Pete is standing in The Netherlands.

.3land

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration