WHO GOT A MODEL T FOR CHRISTMAS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: WHO GOT A MODEL T FOR CHRISTMAS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 12:48 pm:

Not Me! WIfe doesn't understand the need for more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 01:09 pm:

What wife does???
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Watson on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 01:38 pm:

I sold one for Christmas...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 01:39 pm:

I didn't get a Model T for Christmas, but I have something almost as good:

We acquired our 3rd Model T last year; a 1927 depot hack that my (then) 4 year old grandaughter quickly named, "Grandpa's Ice Cream Truck"! About that time, my wife (who likes Model T's almost as much as I do) pointed out to me that (and this is a quote); "we have a problem; we now have 3 Model T's but we have 4 sons"! My reply to that was, "well, I'll work on that"!

It's a comment that she made that she may eventually regret, however, in the meantime, I get to live with the warm, fuzzy feeling that I have a "duty" to keep that poor 4th son in mind and attend Model T swap meets in order to gather parts to add to that beautiful frame that I have stored away in order to someday, God willing and my health holds, build a speedster for that poor neglected 4th son!

To all of my new found friends on the forum; MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan C on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 01:52 pm:

I guess it's all in whether you are naughty or nice. I got my first T this year and maybe I'll get another next year.(My HUSBAND doesn't understand). The antique car museum in Rapid city is closing and selling all of their cars. I need to go check on the two T's I've seen there. Merry Christmas to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 02:51 pm:

To Susan and Harold.....

Where were you guys when I wanted to get married....Dana (my wife) say's I have been had by the seller for my 1918 Touring! Some days I thinks so.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 03:16 pm:

Not a whole T but a set of 21" split rims with Really Good, almost new tires and a pair of wood spoke front wheels. I've already seperated the rims from the tires and am preparing the rims and wheels for sale. Got my eyes on a set of 21" T wires. After this last year of buying, selling and trading, my good wife just leaves me alone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 07:24 pm:

Not to break the rules but I also have a car for sale in case anyone got permission to buy one today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 08:28 pm:

Not Model T but my wife urged me not to pass up this one........got a "Merry Christmas" hug when the transport pulled in last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

I cannot post a picture here. I have posted many pictures but as of today the box prompting an image does not appear in my "preview of post" Has anyone else had this trouble?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 08:48 pm:

Lessee

xm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 09:20 pm:

Didn't get a T, but got a Lang's gift certificate to buy parts with. A big "Thank you" to my wife...... and Trish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 10:20 pm:

Not a T but a Harbor Freight engine hoist so I can pull engines with out borrowing one. My 18 year old gave it to me. He is a very thoughtful son.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 10:31 pm:

I got a deck of playing cards with early 20's cars on them. Most are of a european type car. Does that count?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 12:16 am:

My Model T gave me a Christmas present this evening. After 50 some odd years, it fired up (by hand crank!) The garage filled with fumes & the smoke alarm confirmed that we were having fun. If we can get it dialed in tomorrow, I'll make an attempt at the Holiday Motoring Excursion Sunday.
c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 03:11 am:

Way to go Bill!! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Scott on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 01:45 pm:

I did, but it was only 1:16 scale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 02:11 pm:

Santa dropped off 6 items....

3 Books relating to T's and Ford...THE 5 DOLLAR DAY...AMERICAN SYSTEM TO MASS PRODUCTION 1800-1922...and the Bob Casey FORD-A CENTENNIAL HISTORY.

Santa also left 3 DVD's all relating to FORD. The movie with Cliff Robertson from 1985 or so...The A&E special...The History Channel special.

Works for me :-)....

No place to put another one for now anyway...haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 02:42 pm:

I didn't get one this year but last year I did and the wife said no more Christmas presents for you (she gave me a present anyway)

Last years T

A145 Road Closed Sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 02:44 pm:

I didn't get one this year but last year I did and the wife said no more Christmas presents for you (she gave me a present anyway)

Last years T

A145 Road Closed Sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 03:51 pm:

I am going to try this shot one more time

road closed sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 03:53 pm:

A145 road closed sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 05:16 pm:

Not the picture I wanted to post but I will try this one. My 16 from last Christmas.

A365e

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Harris on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 10:12 pm:

I gave my husband the very much needed rear view mirror for our 25 Touring. . . after months of trying to acquire an original locally through our newsletter a beloved friend showed my husband where in the Snyder's catalog a new one could be bought. He left the catalog open to that page - and, well I couldn't resist. Now when I'm not with him to see what's behind, he will be safe by himself.

-Kathy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 10:48 pm:

I didn't get a model T for Christmas. But my T got a rear end rebuild and a set of rebuilt coils.

Regards
Colin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration