Non-T gas headlamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Non-T gas headlamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 04:01 pm:

I need a pair of black and brass carbide lamps. I bought this one on Ebay, and it's non-T. I bid on it before I got a response to my question because I had to go to work. Then I won it. Does anybody know what it fits? It is wider than T lamps, at 8" between the forks. Nickle rim, everything else is steel. No markings. Maybe somebody could use it, if not I'll put it on a shelf. post post2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 01:28 am:

FYI, there were hundreds of similar type lamps. The problem is that finding a match for a single can be difficult. Singles are therefor sometimes hard to sell. This looks like a late style gas headlamp, 1913 or later. Many trucks used this style gas lamp well up into the 1920s in addition to cars like Metz in '13 and '14. Some name or other information on the lamp would help, but I have seen many that had nothing on them.

W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 10:02 am:

I found a match for an odd one I have at Chickasha last spring.
That's a fun swap meet.
No Mustang or 57 Ch&* parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Fretschl on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 10:42 am:

Hi guys, just thought I'd put my two cents worth in. I have a lamp like that on my 15 Indian. You would be surprised at how many lamps for cars are a motorcycle swap meets. Go to an Antique Motorcycle Club of America National meets, and good chance you'll find boxes of them! Alot of early riders put car lamp on their bikes for a bigger beam of lite. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 07:20 pm:

Cory,Rember lamps were supplied in sets of 5 so what make are you looking for?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 07:29 pm:

Any make. I didn't think that it was a Ford lamp but thought it might fit, then I might could find a match one day. It was pretty cheap. Anyhow, I'll keep looking. It's hard to find any that are in my budget. Even if they are completely trashed I'd cosider them. I work with metal and can fix anything. Sidelights seem plentiful but headlights are harder to come by.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration