Ton Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Ton Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 05:32 pm:

Anyone got a copy of this cd?

"20+ books on CD for Model TT Ford 1 ton truck 1918-1927"
http://www.fordtontruckclub.org/store.html

From what I'm told the Ton Truck Club is suffering from a terminal lack of interest. I'd like a copy of the CD if anyone has one.

I may have bought a TT chassis, I'm trying to do some research so I can make the previous owner a fair offer on it. So far the internet is not helping me very much. What to do with a TT dump bed and most of a "running" chassis is another issue. Other than the dearly departed ton truck club, is there a website or books I should be looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:20 pm:

Tim its not really a lack of interest that's the problem, I as a member have lots of troubles with the MTFCI site, can't seem to even put on a ad for sale or wanted w/out going thru the webmaster, its easier at Fordbarn and MTFCA sites. I'll look something tells me I have those CD"s danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

Tim,not wanting to hijack but do post some pics of the dump bed and such please!

I can barely remember something about a ton truck site.Very slow,nothing going on website.

Of course I will say up front this forum has spoiled me in regards to how active and helpfull a forum should be to all involved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 09:54 am:

John, try using my search website to view/post on the MTFCI website and see if it's easier to see. www.ModelTmotor.com, there are links in the main frame that take you here or MTFCI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:08 am:

Here are your pictures:
http://gen3antiqueauto.com/tt.htm

We got 20" of snow dumped on us the night I brought it home so I have not had a chance to play with it yet. We shoved it up onto the trailer and raced home trying to beat the storm.

Information on the truck is appreciated, I don't have a lot of experience (yet) with the ton truck chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:21 pm:

Nice start on a truck Tim. I'm thinking every T owner needs a dump truck. I gave my TT to my brother a couple of years ago (shouldn't have).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 04:05 pm:

Thanks Gary. Here's why I couldn't play with it the day I brought it home:

snow

That's just 18.0 inches of what fell. Now it's a week later, all melted, but I'm so swamped with customers projects that I can't play with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 04:23 pm:

I wouldn't order off the page (Paypal). It looks to me like the TT-Store page has been hijacked. Either that or the site has stooped to a new low and accepted advertising for Russian women and other trash sites.

Try to contact Robert directly.

Ford Ton Truck Club's Store
Robert Doyle
8809 Sleepy Creek Drive
Raleigh, N.C. 27613

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 04:48 pm:

Looks like you have your hands full, Tim. With the snow shovel, that is. I already know that the truck won't be much of a problem for you.
It's cold down here in Florida today, didn't get much past 70.
"Lizzie" is still running beautifully but I don't like to subject her to drives this cold weather. I've actually had to close the windshield and roll up the windows to stay warm recently.
I got to admit the engine is kind of noisy though. I have to shut it off in the bank "drive-thru" so the gal inside can hear me clearly.
(wink, wink).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:21 pm:

They don't get much quieter Dennis. Is the idle set too high? It should just putt-putt-putt when you're stopped. Come visit and I'll take you through a drive-thru window in my diesel if you want to see someone mouthing "what?" and pointing to her ears.

I almost plowed a path to where I keep my own T for a Christmas get-together. Lazy won out that day and it didn't happen.

I did have it out a few weeks ago for a club member's funeral. 15 T's including his own, 15 degrees out, and we gave him a fitting send off I think. I had one of the only two enclosed cars and the only one with cardboard blocking the radiator.

I don't think you know what cold is.

Break's over, I have to go back to work...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 07:00 am:

I'm just screwing with you northern guys.
I've had to live in snow country before, thanks to the USAF. Got my training at Chanute AFB Ill. and spent a little time in a VA hospital in Sheridan Wyo. when I got back from Viet Nam. I'm real glad I was too young to go to Korea. My body doesn't deal well with cold.

I do shut "Lizzie" off when I use the "drive-thru" window next to the bank though. Not because of the noise but because I can't reach the drawer without opening the door and I'm just clumsy enough to accidentally trip the emergency brake lever.
The gals at the bank think that "Lizzie" is just the coolest thing they have ever seen. When I show up in our (ordinary) Impala, they always ask me "Where's Lizzie?".
Everybody in my little town knows my Model T by her first name, she's kind of a rolling historic monument around here because (thanks to your "Swiss Watch" of an engine) I drive the ol girl around usually a couple days each week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 08:16 am:

I don't miss that snow one darned bit! Grew up in Michigan where we got lake effect snow constantly. When the middle of the state got 3 inches we got a foot and a half. I still remember one morning when I was in high school having to plow the driveway out at 5:00 AM after getting 2 feet of snow and it was -31. The tractor had to run for 20 minutes just to get the hydraulics to work at normal speed. I'll take the heat of the south anyday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 09:18 am:

Perhaps this is the same CD?:
http://www.modeltford.com/item/TT1-CD.aspx

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration