Need late '23-'25 Radiator Shell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Need late '23-'25 Radiator Shell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:01 pm:

My radiator shell is pretty much a reject due to losses and bondo- Can anyone supply a decent late '23-'25 Radiator Shell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 10:59 pm:

Thanks very much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 12:46 am:

William, If the 23-25 is the same as the 26-27, I've got one I'll part with for just the shipping cost from Florida. It's got what's left of nickel plating on it and a stress crack on one side. I'm SURE somebody here has a better one but this will bump your post up to the top again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:56 am:

Hi Dennis- you are very kind; unfortunately the late '23-'25 is specific, and a '26-'27 would not work, but thanks for your offer. Happy New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 01:02 pm:

William, how would I tell the difference of a 23-25 from the 26-27 shell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 01:12 pm:

26-27 should be nickeled; 23-25 were not nickeled. Perhaps someone else will chime in as to whether there was also a size variance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 01:16 pm:

The parts book shows #3947-C for 1923-27. That one is black. It shows #3947-D for 1926-27. That one is nickel plated. I wish we could still get either one for $1.50 or $3.50.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 03:03 pm:

Yeah, It would be swell if we could.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 05:47 pm:

Willaim:

As far as I know all 26/27 radiator shells had a hole in both upper corners of the shell to bolt to a bracket in the upper corners of the radiator. In this picture the bracket on the radiator shell is slightly bent forward.

A371 Bolt Holes in Radiator Shell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 05:49 pm:

Wrong picture I will try again.

A371

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 05:53 pm:

I hope you can see the hole in the radiator shell (the third hole down from the top of the picture). This hole matches the bracket on the radiator when the shell is moved back over the radiator. I supposed this was to stop wear on the radiator neck.

A365

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 06:00 pm:

William Naquim:

I believe that only the closed cars had a nickeled Shell the open shells were black. See the picture of my Montana 500 car. At least every thing I have ever read on the subject says that.

A365j Signs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 08:22 pm:

I may have heard that only closed 26-27 cars had nickeled radiator shells; that sounds familiar, that's fine. But what I really need is a Black 23-25 Radiator Shell. Over three million of them were made...there's gotta be one available out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:23 am:

I have about a half dozen shells, I will try and remember to take a look tomorrow and see if I have a 23/25.
You could use a black 26/27 and no one would ever know the difference.

A280

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:56 am:

I had a nickel 26-7 shell on my '25 for years. It fit and worked just fine until I took it off and replaced it with a steel one that works just fine too. If you don't like the nickel, paint it black!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration