Cool old pictures!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Cool old pictures!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 02:05 am:

Guys-
Here is a link to some cool pictures that I wanted to share.

http://www.vintagehuntingphotos.com/index.html

Standard disclaimer.
: ^ )
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 02:35 pm:

Keith,

Thank you for posting the link. I wish there were earlier cars – but there are some nice photos there. I did not repost them as I believe they are copyrighted and available for sale on their web site.

Under the “Hunting tab” see: http://www.vintagehuntingphotos.com/index-2.html
Scroll down near the bottom left and look at: photo D031 A nice speedster/speedup. It has an early 1914 or earlier aluminum crank handle. And it has the 1913 to early 1914 style front fenders along with what looks like black and brass headlamps. The speedster body with what looks like a running board brace turned modified to serve as a body/top iron for the top to pivot on. Wire wheels and a happy driver. Note the aftermarket pointed radiator and accessory hood similar to but not exactly like the one below:

On the same web page, if you scroll back up to C006. I believe you will see the same speedster/speedup fitted with later 1917 to 1924 front fenders (the front bead does NOT run under the splash apron. I think that is the same driver and probably owner in both pictures.

And if you go to the “Misc tab” see: http://www.vintagehuntingphotos.com/index-4.html and look at the top left hand picture M001 – I believe that is the same car, again with the later 1917-1920’s fenders. From that picture I do not think it has a 1912 – early 1913 or late 1913-early 1915 rear axle. It looks more like a 1915-1925 rear axle housing to me. I could not tell if the filler plug was level with the axles or offset as the 1919 and later ones were.

Again thank you for posting the link.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 02:40 pm:

While looking at the radiator -- I also see that the speedster has some similarities to:

Especial the way the seat and cowl are done. Of course many other speedsters had similar looks back then also.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 06:41 pm:

Judging from the photos on the vintage photo link - its a wonder ducks are not extinct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 07:46 pm:

...and they sure got their full use of that boat trailer over the years...

This was harvested elsewhere, so I feel that it is fair gaome to share...

boat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 07:46 pm:

...and they sure got their full use of that boat trailer over the years...

This was harvested elsewhere, so I feel that it is fair game to share...

boat

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration