My new turn and brake lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: My new turn and brake lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:43 am:

Hello fellow members,hope everyones Christmas was the best ever. I want to share some pictures
of my turn and brake lights.They are 12V LED with power from a 12V gel battery. The wiring is connected to a set of relays so when the brakes are applied the lights come on. This will not stop the right or left blinker from flashing. This way I only used two lights in the back of the car. The front lights are standard filament bulbs.The battery is a very small gel-cell from a childs four wheeler. Now to get the pictures? Hope you enjoy, thanks John
lights
lights2
lights3
lights4
lights5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 12:00 pm:

Nicely done John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 01:50 pm:

John,

Very nice. What did you use for the switch holder?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 02:50 pm:

Could you post the wiring schematic. You mentioned you used relays so the stop and blink will still work as desired.
Chris
26 Touring & 27 Tudor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 10:12 pm:

Bob I used a pipe from the top rail of a chain link feance and welded a washer to the end. Then turn it to the shape you see. Then cut the profile that was needed to fit the column. I will upload some pictures of the cutaway parts. I was trying to make it look something like the horn assembly. Something that might have come with a T to a non T person. A few pepole have looked and thought it was factory. Just having fun making it work.
Chris, I can post or e-mail a schematic, need to redraw a little and I can send it.
Thanks John
lights1
lights2
lights3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:01 pm:

Turn and brake lights complete and working great.
Now to get out and drive. Thanks for viewing the pictures.
John
Lightscomplete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:15 pm:

John,

Looks great.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:26 pm:

I see the trailer wireing harness in there to!
That is 1 of the neatest brackets for that purpose I have seen.Nice job.The only change I might would consider is to leave the white ground wire on the harness,allowing the use of a Lighted switch so that you can see your blinker is on while driveing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration