Holiday Motoring Excursion 2009 Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Holiday Motoring Excursion 2009 Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 08:10 pm:

My '13 Speedster didn't quite make it. We got it running yesterday, but didn't have enough time to sort it out for the trip to Pasadena. Here's a link to photos from the send off this morning. Many Model T's in attendance.
http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=13712
h

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 10:20 pm:

Bill-
Thanks for sharing. Who owns the red brass speedster with the snake horn?

What Jay Leno there? What did he bring?

: ^ )

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 10:57 pm:

I didn't get any names. Sorry. That speedster is very close to what I want mine to look like when completed.
No, Jay Leno wasn't there. I've been attending this event for over 15 years & this is the first time I didn't see Mr. Leno.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:13 pm:

Watch for the post about the Red White Steam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Gonzaz on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 12:52 am:

Jay was in a red "White" steam car, very nice car, I had never seen anything like that before, the motor leaked oil out of the cylinder top (open top) I hate to be the guy that has to clean the garage floor, but other than that, a very nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:04 am:

Even Peter Eastwood was impressed by the turnout this morning.

Always a joker.

This eagle is probably worth more the most Model Ts.

Not bad for a Buick.

Stanley letting off steam.

Towncar

Dessert was at Loren Burch's, as the usual providers, the Hunters, have their Pope Hartford hauling the Mayor of Pasadena in the parade Friday.

All this is hidden from the street. Loren has a lifetime of projects for several people.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:18 am:

More of the Burch place. That's a RR station, and the track goes around part of the property.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:59 am:

Thanks Ralph for posting pics, did your wife enjoy the outing? For me going to the HME is on my bucket list. Someday.... J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:35 am:

Wife didn't go; she was into holiday recovery. Pete picked the nicest route for the tour this year, so I saved the course directions, and will take her on the tour on Friday, along with viewing the floats after the parade. We probably won't take the T, so won't be able to look around as much.

The weather is always good on New Year Day here - it never rains on the parade. The flatlanders see that, and come pouring in.

Rear trunk of a 1941 Tatra.

On the outside, the Tatra looks just like this Zephyr, only different. The original Zephyr design had a rear engine V8, too. Both Porsche and Tjaarda, designer of the Zephyr, copied Tatra.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:22 am:

Bill & RDR,

Thanks for the photos. Great event.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford Touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:36 am:

Ralph is that a 1911 Cadillac roadster? What year is the town car? Is it an original?

Thanks

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:59 am:

Herb, I would guess the Cad is a little later than 1911, as it appears to have a self-commencer. I didn't look closer, as there was just too much to see.

The 1915 appearing Towncar belongs to Wayne Erickson of Gilbert Metal Products fame in El Monte. It has 1918 engine and other later parts. He bought it out of 50 year storage in the last couple of years. The garage door had sunk so much they had to drag it out on the hubs.

I had guessed the blue Towncar to be 1911, due to the firewall height. Gorgeous piece, huh?

---------

ALL: you can copy any pic to your computer by right clicking on it, then "save picture as". If you have need for higher resolution, I might accommodate, but the emails get big fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:33 am:

The Cadillac Roadster is a 1912. The big lip on the front fenders & wood cowl rule out a '13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:41 am:

Here's a side view of a 1912 Caddy.
c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:57 am:

I just found this Youtube link to a short video of the HME departure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U68h1cQBhE4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:29 am:

I was surfing craigslist and found this on the St. Louis site.

2 cadillac wood wheels.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/atq/1528647536.html

I don't know anything else, but maybe someone knows someone who would be interested.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:46 am:

Lessee, I have a sidelamp from a 1912 Cad, and must have some parts left from our '79 Seville. Maybe I could build a Johnny Cash 1912, '28, '54, '79 .. Cadillac. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:14 pm:

Gopher it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marilyn Balduff on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 07:51 pm:

If you would like to see more pictures and a story of the Holiday Motor Excursion 2009, go to the Horseless Carriage Club of America's website
Enjoy!

http://www.hcca.org/tours/HolidayTour2009/action.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration