Trying to E-Mail Western Australia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Trying to E-Mail Western Australia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:34 am:

I am trying to send an international e-mail to Kevin in Western Australia but he hasn't received it nor do I get a message for a mailbox error. He has tried to send me an e-mail but he gets it back with a mailbox error. Is there anything special or different I should be doing to send an international e-mail?

Kevin and I spoke briefly on the phone to check e-mail addresses and we both seem to have the correct ones but we can't connect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:51 am:

Dennis,

I've never had any problems e-mailing folks in Australia. Recommend you have him go to this forum and click on your name and send you a private e-mail. Then you will have the option to reply back to is e-mail. The only times I have e-mail problems are when I have inadvertently blocked someone or when I have a letter or two off in their e-mail. But then I at least get an "invalid address" if it doesn't exist or nothing if I inadvertently SPAMMED someone by mistake. Don't forget to check your SPAM folder -- they end up there sometimes. And of course on the phone a "B", "D", "T" can sound very similar as well as a few other letters. Having the person say them like "B as in Boy" helps cut down on that.

And if you want them to have another "test case" in the USA -- have them send me an e-mail. Please have them put "Model T Test E-mail" or something similar in the subject line (so I don't delete it) and I'll gladly let you know if it worked. My e-mail address is the third line down in my user profile (just click on my name on this post). If I receive one, I'll send you that e-mail which will have the proper e-mail address to you via your "send private message" on your profile.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:58 am:

Can he not email you thru the Email link on your profile page? Email is email regardless of where it's going. As long as your email address is correctly entered he'll get thru to you and you can then reply to him.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:22 am:

I have not had much luck sending emails through the forum. No failed delivery notices, they just don't seem to go through for some reason. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:44 am:

Type into goggle search Australia censors internet to find out why. Here's one of many links. http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/30/australia-joins-china-in-censoring-the-inte rnet/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Kullmann on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 12:12 pm:

I'm a computer geek for a living and without getting into all the technical mumbo jumbo that would undboubtedly put everyone to sleep. The number of things that can wrong with sending emails is astounding. Sometimes I'm amazed it works at all. If you get an error message you can usually figure what the problem is. If not trying sending from different accounts and to different accounts. Its a matter of trial and error to figure out what is causing the problem.

PGK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 12:13 pm:

Jay, that appears to concern website content and not e-mails, and is also not yet in effect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack McRoberts on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 07:30 pm:

Dennis,

It's probably best to establish communications via the private email setup on this forum.

Despite your having spoken, it might still be that the email addresses are incorrect - any error in an email address will result in no delivery. Any email with large attachments may also be rejected, although you should get an undeliverable message.

Jack (in West Australia).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:03 pm:

Put his name with his email address in your address book provided by your web service provider. Some servers look at this to help them decide whether to let thru emails or to junk them as spam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Gordon Wells on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:27 pm:

Maybe it doesn't have the .au on the end

Message me and I will try from here ie Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:43 pm:

Kevin who? I couldn't find a Kevin in Western Australia in a keyword search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 08:09 am:

Thanks for all the help. I got my e-mail through to Kevin and he has his service provider running a check on his server. They sent me a message so I think the problem is solved.

Dick,

I don't have Kevin's permission to post his last name so I won't list it until he tells me it's OK.

Denny

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:35 am:

Denny, I thought you were referring to a forum poster. If he doesn't participate here, then his last name wouldn't mean anything to me anyway.

Dick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration