Engine Pans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Engine Pans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:22 am:

On a 1926 Fordor, were the ENGINE splash pans a standard item that were installed at the factory, or were they considered an accessory that was added later after delivery
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:43 am:

Engine pans were always installed at the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:58 pm:

Most cars had them removed at some point and lost. Some cars because of over heating problems. I have had eight different model 'T's running and never owned a set of the splash pans.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:05 pm:

Thanks for the input. I will find a set of engine pans and install them for authenticity
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:34 pm:

I take my splash pans off in the summer as the heat from the engine is channeled into the passenger compartment by them. I put them on in the winter for the same reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:20 pm:

Actually, the airflow with the pans installed tends to keep heat and fumes out of enclosed cars. (If you have a proper draft deflector... and floor mats also help)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:08 pm:

test message

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration