Today's "Zits" comic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Today's "Zits" comic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:27 pm:

I usually get a kick out of "Zits," but today's is especially good....

http://www.arcamax.com/zits

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 01:41 pm:

Yup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:04 pm:

My sister clipped a "Pluggers" and sent it. It shows a guy on a modern, blue Ford-looking tractor with the caption, "You're a plugger if your driver's education vehicle was a Fordson tractor."

It was submitted by William Johnson of Owensville, Indiana.

I'd never seen a Fordson until last year, but I learned to drive on an 8N Ford. Does that count? What's a Plugger, anyhow?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:09 pm:

From Google:

"Pluggers
by Gary Brookins
America's first interactive, reader-participation comic, Pluggers chronicles the hardworking people the world depends on. They represent the 80 percent of humanity who unceremoniously keep plugging along, balancing work, play and family life. Available in color and black & white."

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:17 pm:

Saw Zits this AM also.
Just thought: I hope he was spinning her with his left hand and pulling UP! Thumb on the same side, of course.

Larry Bohlen '27 touring
Severn, Maryland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Rigdon on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:26 pm:

I thought the Zits Model T was a particularly good rendition of a Model T for a comic strip. My wife is an accomplished artist but still has trouble producing a good Model T depiction.

Bill R. 25'Fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:27 pm:

Bill, I thought so too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:51 pm:

I, also, learned to drive on a Ford 8N, sitting on my dad's lap at the age of 4. Soloed when I was 6 and was pulling loaded trailers out of the orchards by myself when I was 7. I could NOT imagine letting my kids do that. Times were different then I guess. Guess also that makes me a plugger.
The main reason for me to make comments, though, is to thank you for showing "Zits". We no longer get that one and I very much enjoyed the 'T' reference.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:52 pm:

I would like to know who the commenter "Model_T_Widow" is. Any one missing a wife?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:54 pm:

I like "Zits" and I also like "Pluggers." We don't get "Pluggers" in the local paper so I often buy the Great Falls paper just to get a look at it. Years ago I cut out a "Pluggers" and put it in a little frame and hung it on the wall. It said "Being a Plugger is having your birthday close to Christmas and getting ONE present for both." Since my birthday is four days after Christmas, the 29th, it fit perfectly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:13 am:

pluggers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:17 am:

pluggers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:18 am:

Happy Birthday Uncle Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:23 am:

Thanks, if I'd have known I was going to live to be this old I'd have raised even more Hell, drank even more whiskey and chased even more woman. I was afraid it would kill me young so I backed off before my max capacity was reached.

I was trying to paste this comic in, I actually know how to do it, but the second time I was smart enough to read the popup that said "file protected, cannot be ........... "
So here is the link to the Pluggers Christmas cartoon. There are a bunch of others to look at.

http://www.gocomics.com/pluggers/2009/12/25/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:25 am:

By the way, Ralph, that tractor in the cartoon about learning to drive is a Fordson Major, made in England and imported here from about 52 to 60. It didn't ruin Ford's reputation for quality products but it came pretty close. Nobody with less than the tremendous bankroll Ford had in those days could have survived the Fordson Major and the Select-O-Speed transmission they put on the market in 58.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:25 am:

It's still the 28th here, but happy birthday anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:41 am:

I loved Zits today.

Thank you, RD and Stan for introducing me to "Pluggers" !
I'll have to write to my newspaper...

My son and his son flew in late last night. So we had all five kids and assorted spouses here tonight with 4 grandkids for our belated Christmas Dinner of prime rib!

: ^ )
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:49 pm:

Along with Zits, Real Life Adventures, Haggar, Born Looser, and assorted others, I think the folks that write those must be looking in my windows and reading my mail. They sure hit close to home. Happy New Year to all who enjoy our wonderful hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 12:30 am:

Dick, we have an 18 year old son and for the last several years my wife and I chuckle when we read Zits. That's my son Jack, down to a tee.

I'll have to find Pluggers. It's not in our Sunday paper.

Stan, We had a neighbor with a Select-O-Speed. He would bale hay on the ground and hire a bunch of us young neighborhood kids to pick up the bales. All I remember about it was, you were pretty lucky if you weren't thrown off the hay rack as some kid was clicking through the gears. As I remember, It had a little "inching pedal" in place of the clutch and was very jerky when trying to hook anything up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur J. Solie on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:48 am:

Stan, The time to sow your wild oats is when you are so old you won't live to reap them. A quote from Segar's Poopdeck Pappy back in the early 30s. If it wasn't so late I would find, scan,and attach it. Art in Pahrump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 11:26 am:

I have a son 25 and daughter 20 - we've been convinced for years that the Zits author had a camera in our house somewhere. Then we found out he must have an incredible surveillance system since everybody we know feels the same way.

He did a "Zits" take off on "Goodnight Moon" a couple years ago that we still have posted on our refrigerator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 11:35 am:

Having 5 children, the eldest being 50 and the youngest 39, I have come to the conclusion that adolescence lasts until about the age 30. We parents are very lucky that we get off the hook at the age 18 (legally, that is).
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration