Worst Christmas Ever - What else could go wrong?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Worst Christmas Ever - What else could go wrong?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:06 pm:

Well, I can't remember a more depressing holiday season than what the family just went through. I pray that the rest of you are doing fine and you're together with your family. I'm recuperating from a concussion, my Mom from a broken hip, my B.I.L. from emergency hernia surgery and my Dad from new medications gone awry. I think we all slept through Christmas week even with service providers in and out of the house. There for a while, I don't think any of us knew what year it was much less the time of the season. The few neighbors we have must have thought there was a massacre here with all the ambulances and sheriff cars in and out of the place. Thank goodness we live in the country.

To all that are waiting on parts, please bare with me a while longer. I can't seem to make it to the shop myself just yet and caring for Mom & Dad has been a full-time job. I can't wait until the new year. That always seems to provide a fresh start. Well, maybe a new look anyway.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:09 pm:

2010 will be a great year Ken - hang in there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:22 pm:

Nothing any of us need is more important than your family. Take care of your family and all will be right with the world. My contingent of the family couldn't make it to Springfield for the family get together yesterday because of the weather but we got an email off to everybody and made some phone calls. We are all safe and that is what really matters. We will just add you to the prayer list and wish you all speedy recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:25 pm:

Just wait til you we get our new Health Care Coverage and your mom has to stand in line for a hip replacement and you have to wait on a doctor who is ready to see all of the concussion patients and there isn't any meds for your dad!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 06:46 pm:

So very, very sorry to read of that series of misfortunes Ken. It is the pits when bad things happen to good people...and even more so when the people are as good, caring and kind as you are.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all, and a Healthier New Year too!
sad dog
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 06:54 pm:

Hang in there Ken. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 07:39 pm:

That makes all of my problems seem small. We had ambulances & Police cars too.... Hang in there Ken. Call me if you need to, we'll commiserate together... Then we'll celabrate the New Year!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:24 pm:

Ken,

Im so sorry to hear of the hard situations. So glad you and your family members are still here with us. Im also very thankful we live when we do. The day President George Washington died they bled about a pint of bad blood out of him to help him feel better. We are so blessed that medicine has come so far and is so helpful today. We will be praying for your and your family for a speedy recovery and a much better 2010.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:35 pm:

My brother died Christmas eve and ruined Christmas for his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:37 pm:

Ken,
So sorry to here of your problems Ken, I wish you the best....Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:02 pm:

Ken,was there a accident or something? Concussions can be miss diagnosed,so I hope all is well and stays well.
Take it from someone who learned the hard way,IF you get to haveing trouble talking,or functioning after a few days from a head injury get to a good neurologist and fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 09:15 am:

Ken,

Sorry to hear of the families misfortune. But you need to look at it from a different angle...Your still around to write this post and your family is together. Things can be worse. Be thankful for what you have.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 09:35 am:

Sorry to hear that Ken. I hope things turn around for you and your family.

Christmas in my family was wonderful. On Christmas Day I drove my parents down to my sister-in-law's mother's home on Toledo Bend and we all had a fine time. My father had recently started chemo-therapy for cancer of the esophagus, but had a great appetite in spite of it.

My parents and I returned to Shreveport and they dropped me off and went home.

Sometime during the night my father passed away in his sleep.

He was a great guy and will be missed by many. I'm blessed that I was always so available for my parents and that I got to spend so much time with my father.

Tell those that you love that you do. Tomorrow they may be gone.

Happy New Year to each and every one of you.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK LAWSON on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 03:58 pm:

I came down with colon cancer and had the first surgery on June 5th. Two days after my second surgery my son in law got a virus in his spine. Doc's did not give him any hope. Next day my 39 year old son had a massive stroke. They were in ajoining rooms in icu for two weeks. My last surgery was Dec. 1st and I am recoupping ok. My son in law is home but will be out of work for a year. My son is in a nearby nursing home where recovery is very slow. I never ask "what's next. I hope you and yours will be ok. Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration