Canadian Ruckstell axle tags

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Canadian Ruckstell axle tags
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:13 pm:

I am thinking of making some Canadian Ruckstell tags. They will be etched brass (and of course un-numbered). I figure to etch a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of 20 gauge brass and then get them laser or water jet cut out. I am also looking at making a page of Stromberg OF carb top tags in a similar way but they will need to be stamped for shape at the end.
If there is no interest then I will just make a few for myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:19 pm:

Well, you know I'm interested in some OF tags, Les.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 04:32 am:

Stan - You also need tags that say, "Ruckstellification by Stan Howe"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:32 pm:

I've seen two different styles of Canadian Ruckstell tags, oval and rectangular.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 06:45 pm:

Larry
you are right. The oval seems to be a little more common. What is unusual is that the oval ones are made by Ruckstell Canada and the rectangular ones are made by the "Canadian Acme Screw and Gear co.". I see the oval ones tell you to change the oil every 6000 miles and use 'Mobil Gargoyle oil"
one
two

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration