Top and Upholstery Kits, 1910-12 era

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Top and Upholstery Kits, 1910-12 era
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:37 pm:

I would like some input from owners that have purchased and installed kits from the three companies,Classtique, Cartouche, JVC Group. JVC seems to have better quality leather by their samples, the kit is more money ,is it more correct?.Also some input on top material... Original Ford Grain has more shine than the Colonial Grain which has a duller finnish.This will not be a show car restoration but still want to try to get it as correct as possible.
Thanks for your help

Dave Baker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 07:23 am:

Hi David, here's another David with the same problems.
My 1911 Torpedo will need some upholstery soon, and Cartouche don't seem to cater for it. I've no knowledge of Classtique nor of JVC. Perhaps you would be so kind as to let me know how to contact them, please?
I Emailed Carter's Cut and Cover a few times, but they haven't responded, so I guess they're not interested in making anything for me out here in England. Shame.
I also look forward to the reponses you get on this tricky subject.
Best regards and a happy and healthy New Year to all.
David Skinner-England
waiting for upholstery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 07:30 am:

My 1911 Torpedo will need some upholstery soon, and Cartouche don't seem to cater for it. I've no knowledge of Classtique nor of JVC. Perhaps you would be so kind as to let me know how to contact them, please?
I Emailed Carter's Cut and Cover a few times, but they haven't responded, so I guess they're not interested in making anything for me out here in England. Shame.
David Skinner-England
waiting for upholstery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 07:36 am:

David Skinner-England
waiting for upholstery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 07:36 am:

I Emailed Carter's Cut and Cover a few times, but they haven't responded to me, so I guess they're not interested in making anything for me out here in England. Shame.
David Skinner-England

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 08:28 am:

I purchased the upholstery and top kit for my early 1912 (1911 body style) from JV Group. The leather upholstery is outstanding. The top fit perfectly. I have not finished installing the side curtains yet but they look to be perfect as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 08:53 am:

David,

You might give Mark Cameron a call and see whose tops/upholstery he likes to use. I believe he is located south of Mankato.

http://www.brassera.com/

Good luck,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:07 pm:

Carters Cut and Cover owner has retired, couldn't find a suitable person to take it on, so he just went home, had roof damage on his shop, too bad, as he was very good all those years and close by to us

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:56 pm:

Royce, Thank You for the comments on the JV Group upholstery,its has helped me make a decision. what top material did you use for your top, the Original Ford Grain or Colonial Grain?

A note to David Skinner, send me your email address and will share my research information with you.

Rob, thanks for Mark Camerons website, I have called several times and left a message, he has never called back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 08:00 am:

I used the original Ford Grain for the top. You will like working with Vince, he does what he says he will do in the time he predicts and at the price quoted. Quality is simply magnificent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 08:59 am:

Royce,
Good looking car and family.
Why is the snowman the only one working in that picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:52 pm:

Royce,Thanks for the top material information,Vince said the Ford grain is most correct but some do not like the shine and pick the Colonial grain material.Guess I will take your advice!

I cant really see your rear door upholstery, can you fill me in on what is correct for the 1910-12 years? Several suppliers were providing bodies where there slight differences in the door panels or upholstery,A new kid to the forum is trying to glean from the experts!

Thank, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:14 am:

Vince sells the rear door panels. They are a simple unadorned piece of material with folded and sewn edges. It rollls over the tops of the doors and is attached with upholstery tacks through the edge trim which Vince also supplies.

Many people opt to have pockets added. If you drive your car this is a big plus even though it is not original. The pockets are really handy to store small items like sunglasses and the registration / insurance papers. Vince will sew pockets on your rear doors for a small added cost. Well worth it if you ask me, and the people who know it is not precisely original usually have pockets on their cars too.

That snow man was really lazy. Even though he had the broom all day he did little to help clean up after Christmas dinner.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration