Restoration of Tail/Stop light contacts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Restoration of Tail/Stop light contacts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:10 am:

Has anyone had experience replacing the double contacts in the late tail/stop light ?

I've narrowed my electrical problem to rusty spring contacts inside the double contact.

Would it be possible to replace contact assembly with a double contact headlight unit ??

Thanks for your comments.

Bob Jabalonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.woods on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:08 am:

Bob, I've mulled over this question, too. I've thought about the double contact headlight socket, and Lang's sells a socket to convert std. 26-27 taillights to a combination stop/tail #6495BR. Also, Snyder's sells a socket assy for the 28-29 drum taillight, A-13410-A, and a double contact socket for converting std. taillight to stop/tail, A-13412-DC. I haven't checked into any of these possibilities, but may have to in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:16 am:

I've done them all I guess. The big problem is getting the larger bulb in there far enough to get the lens back on.
The one the parts places sell is the best but it still looks like a modified tal light when you're done.
The best way I can describe it is to say the bulb holder has to go through the back of the tail light so the bulb base is only 1/2 inside the light housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:17 am:

I added a second light to the passenger side of my 26 touring and used the Langs conversion socket to make them into tail/stop combo lamps. Worked like a charm. image{tail light}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:18 am:

try again. light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 06:15 am:

I've thought long and hard about adding the right side tail light to my 27 Tudor. If I do it, I'll put stop, tail and turn into the tail light and get some small motorcycle style turn signals and install them so they extend from the bottom of the headlights where they don't stick out too much unless they are flashing.
I've got a cent. adv. distributor that isn't connected to the advance/retard lever, so I'll rig up some sort of switch assy. under the dash that's operated by the advance/retard lever. I've also thought about putting a 2 filament bulb in my dash light so it will double as my turn signal indicator.
just a grand idea for sometime down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:29 pm:

I understand the optional tail/stop lamps for '26-'27 were made by the same company that made these lamps for Dodge & other cars. There has to be a way to re-new these contacts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration