Barn find - non T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Barn find - non T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Hamlin on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:56 am:

One of my customers picked up this 1914 Case Model S. It had been stored in a barn in upstate New York for 50 years.
Then it was displayed as 'original' in a private museum in northern Pennsylvania for another 30 years.
He took it to the HCCA Gunnison tour a year ago last summer.
Sediment in the fuel tank kept it from going very far though.
It kinda needs a new top.
That's why it's in my shop.
They're still out there.
Mark

case5
case7
case8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:42 pm:

Mark, I can't decide which I like more. The posters of the Mustangs or the "Cougars."
Either way, great find. Whats the speedster looking body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:54 pm:

Built in Racine, WI. Looks like he still has air in the tires. 90+ year old air. Must have made good tires back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Hamlin on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:30 pm:

Tyrone,
The blue body is a 1910 Chalmers Detroit undergoing a complete restoration.
I'm doing the leather work.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 09:26 pm:

I like that Case.
Uh,refresh my feeble memory.Was that a different "Case" than the J I Case tractor builder or the same 1?
Also,are the cowl lights stock to that car?I have a pair but If I remember correctly mine are milk glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 12:32 am:

Mack same outfit, I had a friend since passed who restored 4 Case Touring cars, breathed and lived CASE daily, widow since had a sale, didn't advertise it enough and the 4 cars didn't even bring 100,000.00 where each should have been that. I got some T parts and other parts there, knew him well, he had a chassis and I found him a body via Hemmings, and I knew the fellow who had it for sale, he delivered it to Chickasha where my friend picked it up and finished the restoration

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:02 am:

Interesting cowl light placement. Are they oil lights? I'd be curious to see them from under the dash.
Regards
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:05 am:

Very cool, I never heard of them. I would guess, since they made tractor's for so long. Were they a good car? I am going to have to do a search now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Hamlin on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

Mack & Colin,

Everything on this Case is original including the cowl lights.
It is a nickel car with all electric lighting.
Tom - They were a very good car.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:28 pm:

Mark, when I was growing up in the mid 60's and early 70s, a dear friend of the family name Karl Binner had a 1915 Case Model 25 Touring that I alway rode with them on tours. As I recall, it was about -step above a 'T' as far as power & performance. :-) Karl's car had an electric lights and starter, yet the bendix like to malfunction with frequency so I just became the designated hand cranker. Case was very advanced for their time, ...as was the Velie car, --a product which was from John Deere's son.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A. Erfert on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 11:41 pm:

When I lived in Milwaukee 30+ years ago, my boss told me of a J.I.Case touring car that was resting next to a corn crib on a farm near Veroqua, WI. Since I had a relative living near there, I went looking for the car. The relative was in his 80's then and remembered the car so we went to McDonald's farm to see if it was still there. It was gone but we went to a man named "Slauch" who my relative said was the last person to drive the car. We asked Slauch "what happened to that Case?", He asked "why?" and my relative said that I was interested in it. Slauch then said to me "you don't want that car, it never ran good when it was new!,we parked it next to a corn crib it 14 or 15 when it quit running". He said it wasn't even a year old and never ran right at all. He was in his eighties too. Somewhere is a 1914 Case touring car that they got from a farm in Veroqua, WI. It was red.
Dick Erfert

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration