Help on vaporizer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Help on vaporizer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:06 pm:

I tried to make it work when I was a kid in the 60's but never could get it to. I bought the MTFCA carburetor book and found I was missing the Air Valve and Throat. Got a Throat that was good enough for a pattern and copyed it and found an Air Valve. I do not have the screw that acts as a stop for the air valve, the one in the top. How long is this screw? And also the repo screw and pin assembly that lets the Air valve swing is too long is it normal to cut the pin or drill the hole deeper? ab

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:11 pm:

How do you post more than one Picture?B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:57 pm:

As long as you keep the text in the curly brackets different as shown, you should be asked as many times to upload a photo Bob. Keep them on separate lines too.

You already know to NOT use spaces. I had to do it in my examples to keep the system from wanting ME to upload photos ....!!

Regards,
Garnet

\ image {text for picture 1}

\ image {text for picture 2}

\ image {text for picture 3}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnie Johansen on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 08:47 pm:

Bob:

The screw factory number is T-2244 or part number 6265. It appears to be a fillister head slotted screw. Under the screw is a split lockwasher. I have a spare hanging from the rafters in the basement, and I took out the screw out while it was still hanging. Unfortunately the screw fell on the floor and perhaps under a shelving unit. I will try to find the screw tomorrow and if I am successfull I will report back! I believe the lockwasher is part number 6266.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnie Johansen on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:59 pm:

Bob:

Some additional information: page 123 of the Ford Service bulletin shows the stop screw to be of the round slotted head type. This is different than the fillister head that is on my unit.

The outside casting dimenison on my carb between the screws that hold the air valve in place is 1.655". When I take the two screws and place the pin inside the screws the distance between the screw heads with the lockwashers installed is 1.590". That shows when both lockwashers are used the screws will tighten down against the casting and "flatten" the lockwashers.

First make sure that with a lockwasher on each screw the pin is still to long as follows: measure the distance between the screws with the pin in each end of the screw and subtract the thickness of two lockwashers. I would compare this to the casting width dimension. If the distance between the screws with the lockwashers installed is greater than the casting width, you would either need to reduce the pin length, drill the screws inner holes deeper, or add additional washers to the screws to make the distance between the screws with the lockwashers installed less than the casting width dimension in order for the screws to flatten the lockwashers when tighting the assembly.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration