Thanks for the help - next speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Thanks for the help - next speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:17 pm:

Thanks to the following for their help and opinions, I have decided on the design of my next speedster. To start, the basic design is going to follow the car owned by Alan Tobin displayed at Modeltcentral.com.
Because I want a little longer/heavier look, I have decided on a TT frame. I have a 28 Plymouth radiator(honey comb)which is taller/wider then a T. I'm going with 21 inch wood spoke wheels with 4.50 or bigger 5 inch tires. I hope some day to pick up a desent priced secondary tranny and use the standard lenth drive shaft. Lower the car by taking out a few springs but leaving the supension alone otherwise.
Engine will be a T engine but squeeze every once of power I can find. Dual Simmons Super Power carbs and header tubes into a collecter. No mag but with a distributor.
If anyone has ideas, opinion, advice, please pass them along.
Thanks to: M. Walker, D Stroud, L Burgess, J. Black, L. Sumner, R. Gaffrey, A. Tobin and Chris at modeltcentral.com and anyone I may have missed.
I can hardly wait for global warming to come to Kansas again so I can get started.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration