ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/29/09 "SPEEDY" WRENCH FOR FORDS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/29/09 "SPEEDY" WRENCH FOR FORDS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 04:39 pm:

This looks like it would have been a popular tool in its day. This one is a Walden Worchester 6418 9/16" pat. pend.
speedywrench speedywrench1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 05:55 pm:

It is neat to see how a whole industry was built just to accessorize and service the Model T. Sort of like iPod stuff of today.
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:32 pm:

There were quite a few wrenches and attachments
patented to do this job, and most were similar to the
Walden or Speedy style.
This Walden patent matches Jay’s but with a second
support post added. Perhaps it was found to be necessary
when tests or production began.

A.E. Carlberg
Walden Worcester
Patent number: 1424712
Filing date: Jun 16, 1920
Issue date: Aug 1, 1922
http://tinyurl.com/yd9tfgn

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 08:46 am:

Cool. I would love to have a class from you on how you find these things. Thanks again, Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 10:43 am:

Jay,
That's a neat one. I've never seen that design before. All three that I have owned, are like the one in the ad that you posted. They're made by BOG MFG Chicago, IL

I ended up with two of them in a pile of parts that I bought several years ago and gave one to a friend. Then, I bought a really nice one at an auction that still has all of it's original nickle plating. So, I sold my old one on Ebay. I was so surprised with the Ebay auction result that I nearly listed my "keeper" too. But, it's value as a conversation piece still means a lot to me. I love seeing accessories.

I haven't bothered to take a photo of my "keeper", but here's the one I sold:

tool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 11:13 am:

Eric, Thanks for sharing. The one your showing here is the one pictured in the ad. I also have one like that buried in a pile of parts somewhere. The Walden units spring loaded part can be removed from your wrench when not needed giving you two seperate tools in one.
speedwrench2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration