F.A.S.T magazine and Organization

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: F.A.S.T magazine and Organization
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred E HoustonD on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:43 pm:

Just received my latest issue and will include a few tidbits from this wonderful organization. First the front cover of their latest issue.

p1

Next a photo of a T Shirt from a good friend Wayne Atkinson, the man that introduced me to Speedsters(at the 1971 Denver National Tour.

P2

More information on the world's fastest Model T.

P3

A few comments about "F.A.S.T.". This great organization began when they separated from the Secrets of Speed editor a few years back. They have since grown by leaps and bounds.

F.A.S.T. now sponsers four cylinder Hill Climbs all across the U.S. These events allow all four cylinder cars to participate and have a national set of rules. Timers are also provided by the national. I have had the privilage to participate in several of these events. The Tulsa chapter of the MTFCA started the first Speedster Reunion in Lincoln in 2005. This event is now annually sponsored by the Smith Museum of American Speed and includes a Hillclimb sponsored by F.A.S.T. A great combination.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred E HoustonD on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:29 pm:

How fast?

P1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By david willis on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:27 pm:

actually it's the worlds fastest model t BLOCK [sort of] now, as a comparison, the boys at buddfab, a local vintage race car shop, in a two wheel streamliner with a lightly modified 50cc aprilia motorcycle engine went 144 MPH!!!! their last run with the same machine with a 125 cc honda went 186.00!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 01:12 am:

And on the bottom of page 6;

T1.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Stipe on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 01:24 am:

Hi Fred thats awsome!! Makes me feel good thats my custom cam in there unless Joel tossed mine in the junk pile!!
I can't wait to get my 29 Red Rocket done for the next F.A.S.T. meet in Iowa.
maybe next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 01:28 am:

So when is the next meet in Iowa?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Ferris on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 11:55 am:

Do they have a web-site?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Atkinson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:15 pm:

The next speed meet in Northwood, Iowa is Saturday, Sept.11. Many come in the day before for a shop tour and BarBQ. Saturday, everyone gathers at the Worth County fairgrounds for tire kicking, swapping parts and lies. We will have a seminar on installing insert bearings in Model A engines. At 11 a.m. we form a parade and go down town for the annual Aristocrats car show. After the show we return to the fairgrounds for a catered lunch. After lunch we go to the airport, where timing equipment has been set up. You can make as many timed runs as you would like. We don't have a website, we aren't that fancy. We are just a bunch of old guys having loads of fun with old Fords. I would be happy to answer any questions. Wayne Atkinson, home phone is 641-324-1835

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:27 pm:

Wayne
thank you. I will pencil that is for next year. I guess it depends on my progress on my 5 main project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Atkinson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:27 pm:

I will try to attach a copy of the flyer. If it works, I will be amazed. Wayne

application/msword
FIFTH ANNUAL FAST speed meet.doc (30.7 k)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration