Club Meeting Program Ideas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Club Meeting Program Ideas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Dobson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 12:06 am:

I'm the Program Chairman for our local Model T Club responsible for lining up presenters/speakers for monthly general meetings. We have had some outstanding programs, some technical, some non-technical. I'm always on the look out for new program ideas so if anyone could share what their local club has done that was well received by members would be much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joncrane on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 01:26 am:

One of our more popular summer meetings is the local brew pub sends over their brew master with a half dozen types of beer to sample. Best attended meeting of the year. The brew master tells us how to make beer, lectures a little and then gives out samples.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 03:19 am:

We've had a salesman from Loctite at Long Beach meeting, who was very informative. We've also had Dennis Pollman, old car insurance agent.

Next month we are bringing in an expert from Canada. No expense is too great for our group.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:46 am:

The local PPG paint store has put on a seminar about their products for auto restoration to one of the groups I belong to. Also, we have a place that sells auto detailing supplies in town, specifically Mirror Glaze or Mequiars. We've had them talk about their professional line of cleaners, polishes, and waxes (not the cheap stuff that the department stores sell). 3M probably has a similar service. Lastly, someone from Mobil Oil to talk about oils and grease is informative.
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:08 am:

We have had a presentation on the hand held coil tester which was quite popular. Also had a talk by someone who pours babbit bearings. We had a lady bring about 25 original dresses from Victorian to Roaring 20's. This was especially hit for the women and even interested the man. Also a pictorial presentation of old roads and bridges made during the Model T era is interesting.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Dobson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 02:15 pm:

This input is really helpful. Thanks so much and keep it coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 02:22 pm:

I don't know that this is exactly an activity but over the last 4 or 5 years I've probably had close to 100 requests for permission (which they don't really need) to reprint some of the Herman & Freida stories in newsletters and/or read them at meetings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Grant Landy on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:06 pm:

One of the more interesting nights we had was a T aceessory night where members were invited to display and talk about some of the strange T accessories they have found over the years. some real gems turned up that night. Another meeting night featured speedsters wehere 2 members drove thier speedsters to the meeting and explained the build process and showed some interesting speed equipment.
Practical workshop nights are always good. Last year we featured a 'tyre fitting night', coil rebuilding and tersting night, and even the basics of T engine rebuilding. For the ladies ,we also featured a T'era fashion night with alady displaying and selling T era clothing.
My favourite night was when I showed a selection of my favorite YouTube T movies which went for about 45 minutes.
Hope this has given you a few ideas. Email offline iy you would like more info.
Happy new year, all the best to all for 2010.
Warwick.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration