Model T Club in North Georgia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model T Club in North Georgia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 12:09 am:

I have talked with several folks who want to start a chapter here in the North Georgia area. If you might be interested let us know??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry J DeLong on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:55 am:

Mark- How close to extreme SE Tennessee?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Wood on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

I'm on the west side of Atlanta. I would be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:57 pm:

Mark:

You will be surprised at how easy it is to start a new chapter. you will be up to near 50 members in no time.

I started thre chapters in places that I lived and learned a couple of things.

1. A good newsletter is the cement that holds a club together.

2. You need bi laws and one thing in the Bi laws is something to the effect that to join the chapter you must own or be interested in Model Ts. The reason I say this is you will find a lot of people will want to join your chapter with newers cars and pretty soon you will find that you are out numbered and when on a Tour you might be the only one with a T. I understand that there is one T chapter in California that is touring with mustangs now. I know another chapter that now tours stricly with Model As. Another Chapter that I know of got to touring with some many newer cars that on mystery tours they would run off and leave the one T so that the T did not know where to go.

Anyway, good luck with your new chapter just be careful. Its a lot more fun to socialize with other Ts than driving around by yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmy Pittman on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 09:52 pm:

Hey Mark, You are at the same point I was when I got my 1918 T as well. I found the same thing as Dave Huson. There are more A's in my area, and they are not interested remotely helping a T man. You have a bigger area to pull from, so you will probably be sucessful. I know of one other person close to me and I met him at the end of the summer and he is a teacher and I think he only works on his when he gets a chance. SO I had to reach a long ways to get my engine worked on. An "A" man told me "...about a guy over in Charleston,and his shop is by some docks and sometime you can catch him there and he is going thru a divorce, but he does good work...he doesn't have a phone and so on..." This was about all of the help I got.

I will join your club, just let me know what to do. If that will help.

Thanks for your pictures!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration