Snow motor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Snow motor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:42 am:

This the text of an email I just got.

1926 Snow Tractor
You're not gonna believe this..............
Talk about ingenuity!
This is a 1926 silent film (on video) of
a tractor-snow-machine
invented by Henry Ford, who is shown driving it.
Watch the whole thing. Note the "hat." And tie!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,213971.0/topicseen..html
Our modern snowmobiles are far better
but Henry's machine is pretty clever for the time.

I know we have seen this before, but I don't recall it being so long of a film. I have to wonder about the fact they say Henry Ford invented it. I would doubt that he would have demonstrated it on a Chevrolet touring car! But talk about a model T and it would be an interesting thing to see..

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 07:47 pm:

The link did not work for me, but there is a fairly long thread
with I believe the same video as well as photos and patent
documents at this link.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/80475.html?1236293007

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A,J, Bell on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 07:56 pm:

Should have mentioned that at the first link at the
thread I posted, that link to the video is also broken,
but the second link works fine.
Art

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration