Babbit bushing in starter mounting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Babbit bushing in starter mounting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carey H Crosby on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 06:54 pm:

Question about babbit bushing in starter mounting bracket that holds steady the bendix when its engaged with flywheel. Mine has .005 " clearance. My starter locked up bad last fall. What do you use to replace this bushing?
Tinkering Tips Vol.11 says a Model A piston pin bushing will work , any experience with this?
What else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:50 pm:

Carey
The area of the starter mounting bracket where the Bendix drive stop nut runs can be repaired.
I have the name of a fellow who does this for me a can do it for you. Contact me at modeltcoils@windstream.net.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 09:00 pm:

Carey
You are also welcome to give ma a call tomorrow and we can discuss. I rebuild Model T starters every day of the week.
Ron the Coilman
859-881-1677

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hansen on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 11:31 pm:

I use the Model A wrist pin bushing, it is a repair you can do without shipping and waiting if you need it right away. You do need the tools (reamers) to do it correctly. Never had a problem with any I have installed

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration