Rear End Babbit???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Rear End Babbit???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 09:46 pm:

I have looked on langs website and cannot find the babbits for my rear end. Where would they be located or is their another name for them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 09:50 pm:

You would be looking for thrust washers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 09:51 pm:

The thrust washers are now made of bronze (or is it brass). They are generally preferred to the original babbit. I do not know of anyone selling babbit today.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 09:53 pm:

How many should I order - is it two?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:02 pm:

Yes - two. You will also likely need some of the steel shims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nugent on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 10:10 pm:

So I would need two thrist washer and two steel shims. Will I need a special tool and a gasket set? Anything else you can think of?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration