Victor Lamp Co. Model 2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Victor Lamp Co. Model 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Potter on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 06:48 pm:

What year of Model T used the Victor Lamp Co. Model 2 lamp? It is a cowl lamp and it is more square shaped than what I am accustomed to seeing on a 'T.
Thanks for any info.
Wp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 07:01 pm:

William,Our july of 1914 has a full set of Victor #2 lamps or all 5.I dont know if Victor ever made their owne gennerator and i think i have been told they used a JNO Brown gennerator?? If i rember right one of the T-100 cars also used the #2 Victor. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 07:02 pm:

Bruce's book says 1913 and the Model 2 was a fork-mounted headlamp Seems like there were also some model2 sidelamps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Potter on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 07:14 pm:

It appears to be a cowl lamp to me rather than a headlamp. It is quite large and made of brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:12 pm:

Like i tryed to say before,they came in sets of 5 2 side lamps,1 tail lamp,and 2 headlamps.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:09 am:

Bud,I wasn't implying that they were only 13,just the first reference I ran into. Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william potter on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:37 am:

kenneth i was not trying to argue with u either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:36 pm:

Here is a photo of the Victor #2 sidelights and taillight for 1913-14. The early 1913 used a rare taillight with a very different shape (see photo 2&3). The late 1914 used sidelights with an integral mounting bracket, although, I am not sure that Victor made a lamp with the integral bracket.
1913VictorSet
VictorTail_AVictorTail_B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:44 pm:

Sorry If i sounded grumpy,i just told what i knew and it diddn't take long! Bud.Ps,If yours is a driver side in good shape you have my interst.Bud.PPS,Are you the Bill Potter who had a black Ford with the front belt pully that showed differant attachments at The Old Car Festival?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 01:02 pm:

The later 1914 Victor Model #2 side lamps have an integral bracket. I have at least one like that. Some of these late style Victor #2 lamps have a steel top instead of brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Potter on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 06:57 pm:

My lamp looks like the drivers side one in the first picture and the mounting bracket appears to be riveted on, would that be a late '14?

Different Bill Potter from the one at the show, I am sure that one has lots more money with such a setup! :-)

The lamp is the drivers side and in excellent shape but I am not interested in selling it. You fellers will probably want to nail me to a post for this but I am putting it on a Bucket T roadster that I am building. Don't worry about me ruining a mint Ford though, All the Model T parts I am using came from scrap cars that were being parted out.
Wp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 03:09 pm:

Yes, if it is a Black and Brass Victor #2 and the mounting bracket is riveted, then it is for a late 1914. I don't know what month the lamps with the integral brackets appeared. The 1914 body style was continued into the early 1915 model year for the open cars. I assume that those were the ones that used that type of lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 09:46 am:

In my meager brass collection, I have three different kinds of Victor #2 black and brass lamps. They're all left side cowl lamps otherwise appearing exactly the same. One has the intergal mount, one has a cast iron bracket riveted to the lamp and the other has a sheet metal bracket riveted to the lamp. Rick, I was told by a brass lamp repairman up in MI that you have a very rare taillamp for 1913 that is considered Victor #1. Incredibly, I have a NOS pair of the raised Ford script Victor #1 cowl lamps and no use for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 10:46 am:

George,
I only wish that early 1913 Victor #1 taillight was mine. That photo is from eBay of one that I got outbid (badly) on when the esnipe bids came in. I have never seen any Victor #1 cowl lamps. What do they look like? Are they shaped like the taillight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 11:14 am:

Rick,
It is times like these that I really wish I had digital camera capability. My Victor #1 cowl lamps are shaped like and share the same dimensions of my Victor #2 s with the exception of the top brass of the chimney. Its similar to the eBay picture you provided but not held on with the 4 folded over tabs. The lettering is similarly raised but 'CIN'TI-O' is used unlike the taillamp picture. And the blade mounting bracket is cast iron like your tail lamp picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 03:40 pm:

Here is the Victor #1 sidelight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Potter on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 02:56 pm:

Well, I am glad I traded for the Victor #2.
The guy it got it from said he thought it was from a late teens/early twenties T but I reckon it turns out to be from a Brass Era car. Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Potter on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 06:56 pm:

Here is a Victor #2 passenger side cowl lamp on ebay for pretty cheap right now in case anyone is in need of one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/early-Ford-oil-fired-headlight-victor-lamp-co-%23 2_W0QQitemZ190292999026QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090312?IMSfp=TL090312127005r1757

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 03:56 pm:

I have The Victor Lamp Co. #2 model Ford & a JNO Brown model 115 Ford for sale $400.00 for the both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dusty corners on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 08:51 pm:

HI - HAVE A PAIR OF EARLY FORD SIDE LAMPS- (C)1900-IN GREAT CONDITION ALL STEEL-CIRCLE ON TOP HAS FORD IN SCRIPT IN CENTER- ALONG TOP-THE COCORAN VICTOR CO.-BOTTOM-CINTI.O. U.S.A.
LOOKING TO SELL TO ANTIQUE AUTO RESTORER $585.00
call -781-335=5421

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 10:24 pm:

What Kim failed to mention, is there are TWO different Victor #1 tailights. The other one is square, and has the same top, I think, as the sidelights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dusty corners on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 10:24 pm:

hi this is dusty corners Iam going to try and download a picture of my side lamps I had to reduce the size of my pictureearly ford side lamps (1900)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 11:44 pm:

Dusty, I think you need to do a little research. Your price is just a tad high. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 12:28 am:

Dusty, not only are they a tad to high, the one on the left is a tail light that is missing the red lens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Dillon on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:19 pm:

I have a set of two...Ford - The Victor Lamp Co. - Cinti-o, Model 2 (Model T headlamps, with riveted (4) mounting brackets. From what I read here they are for 1914 -1915 Model T?
These are in good shape (except each is missing one side glass) THEY ARE FOR SALE I can send some photo's if you are interested.
Thanks, Greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:33 pm:

Hate to break it to you salivating sellers, but there are a lot more brass lamps out there than brass era cars to put them on.. Putting one on a bucket is no loss. Gilbert Metal Products makes really nice repros, too.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

There are those for who repo is not a option.Greg,If what you are calling model T headlamps have a missing side glass you are talking side lamps not head lamps.Try listing in the classifieds,MTFCI,Ford Barn,or even e-bay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 11:23 am:

Dusty Corners, the light on the right has a 23-4-5 bracket on it worth 15-17.50, the light maybe 60-75.00, the left light is a tailight that someone has installed a clear door lens from a sidelight, w/ correct red door might be worth 60-75.00 LONG ways from your price

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Dillon on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 03:12 pm:

First I am not salavating!!! These lights are from a relatives estate, and I found this forum trying to determine what they belonged to. I have NO idea if they are originals or reproductions they appear very old!! I have NO idea of there value, just thought someone here may know more about them. Also thought and end user or collector using this forum might be interested in them (I can get photos to send a seriously interested person). Could be they are only worth the price of Brass scrap metal for all I know. Would appreciate a kind education as to what they belong to. Thank You...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration