Apco tool, What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Apco tool, What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 05:56 pm:

The center hole measures 2 and 5/8". I think I know what it is but what do you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 06:20 pm:

When your cousin from Minnesota visits, you use it to pry his hands off of your valuable early Model T parts before he leaves.

Erik Johnson
Minneapolis, MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 06:22 pm:

Is it for pressing the hubs out of wheels? (hooks on spokes)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 06:22 pm:

Kim-
Is it a steering wheel puller?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 08:20 pm:

I think part of it is missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:19 pm:

It's a wheel puller - had one !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:20 pm:

Rear wheel - that is !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:20 pm:

If I buy another T, my wife could think of some interesting ways to use that tool on me!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:21 pm:

My mistake - too small of hole for wheel hub but I had one identical but larger to pull rear wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:28 pm:

Went out in the shop to measure a rear hub - rear wheel puller and I'm sticking with that !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHESTER A. VANDER PYL on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:43 pm:

This tool is a rear wheel puller. It was apco tool No. 7, was originally black enamel, it weighs 6 lbs., and sold for $4.00 in 1923. It is a fairly rare tool today, I don't believe it was a particularly popular tool originally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:43 pm:

Steve is correct, I think it was made for the 1909-11 straight axle hubs. Eric, when my cousin visits, I turn on the electro shock scale at the shop door. If he leaves the shop weighing more then when he went in.... well he only had to learned that lesson once!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 10:26 am:

Kim - how's about sending me the "blueprints" for your electro shock scale ? I could use that from time to time in my shop but not for for my cousin "Vinnie" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Byers on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 11:19 am:

Kim, make sure your cousin doesn't go in the shop with his pockets full of rocks, that could be interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 07:23 pm:

Keith Townsand;

I will try and post a picture of an APCO Steering Wheel Puller. It a very poorly made tool, made of brass and breaks easily. I have a KRW steering wheel puller which is much better that I always use.

A368a

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration