Model Ts to War WWI American Ambulances on the Western Front

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model Ts to War WWI American Ambulances on the Western Front
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard_D on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 02:39 am:

Here's a Great New Video just released already on a 30 day backorder:

“Model T’s to War: (WWI) American Ambulances on the Western Front

I have not had a chance to see this myself except for a clip, but I had a chance to talk to the films producer and from what I have heard it is an exciting, yet historical, documentary of the Model T and its important role in WWI as a service vehicle. It is a presentation of numerous historical photographs along with actual period movie footage. It details some accounts of the men who served with the American Ambulance Field Service, artifacts of war, and the horrors they faced on the battlefields in contrast to the present day countryside.

Here’s the Blurb:

From the producers of Under Quabbin, The Great Flood of 1936 and Dynamite Whiskey & Wood: If you're interested in battlefield archaeology, military history and vintage autos as well as stories of American bravery and self-sacrifice, Model T's to War is a must see. The First World War began in August, 1914, but America didn't have a functional army in Europe until the fall of 1917. During those three years (1914-1917), more than 3,000 Americans, paying their own passage, sailed to France to help in the war effort. The majority were young men who drove Ford Model T ambulances for what would become the American Field Service. Field Service ambulance sections were assigned to the French Army and saw their greatest glory in the battle of Verdun (1916). Model T's to War is their story.

Led by Professor Ed Klekowski of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Model T's to War takes the viewer on an archaeological journey of discovery through the trenches and fortifications of the First World War. More than 90 years have passed since the guns stopped firing, and still the French woods are littered with artifacts, including unexploded grenades and artillery shells. Matching battlefield sites with recently discovered 1917 silent-film footage and hundreds of previously unpublished war-time photographs, Model T's to War brings to life the forgotten story of the Americans who were "over there" first.
Tell a friend about this product
http://shopwgby.org/product/show/55365
Item # WG4654
Model T's to War: American Ambulances on the Western Front
57 min on 1 DVD
Expected Availability: 04/28/09
List $19.99

ShopWGBY.org
P.O. Box 2284
South Burlington, VT 05403

Phone:
888-255-9231
Hours: 9am EST to 11pm EST, 7 days/week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron_S on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 05:22 pm:

Here are a couple of Youtube Links

Model T's to War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnTbwSB_fk&feature=channel

WWI Ambulance Drivers Documentary Premiers March 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_MCb-brMvQ&NR=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 08:47 pm:

Richard please see the thread of the Ambulance we are doing for our Troops through the Armed Forces Foundation. Please see:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/88462.html?1240783821

Care to donate a copy to us for this cause?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Friday, May 22, 2009 - 01:16 pm:

Guess your just into promoting your book, good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Friday, May 22, 2009 - 01:26 pm:

Chris,

If you read Richard's posting carefully, I think you'll discover that this is not his "book". In fact, it's a DVD and he is simply making us aware of it. It doesn't look like he's got the slightest connection to it.

The only promotion here is yours, albeit for a good cause for which I wish you the greatest success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Friday, May 22, 2009 - 03:10 pm:

I stand so corrected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 10:40 pm:

Just noticed this PBS special as I was channel surfing.

Here in Detroit it's on again early tomorrow AM. Thank goodness for a DVR.

Monday, December 21 — 09:00pm
56.1 - DPTV High Definition
A look at the use of American ambulances on the Western Front.duration: 60 min
details: [HD] | [cc] [stereo] [ed taping rights: ]

Tuesday, December 22 — 02:30am
56.1 - DPTV High Definition
A look at the use of American ambulances on the Western Front.duration: 60 min
details: [HD] | [cc] [stereo] [ed taping rights: ]
genre:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 11:39 pm:

Thanks for the alert. However, I searched all four Socalif PBS for the next 28 hours, and found nothing. What is the program, Nova, Frontline, etc.?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 09:49 pm:

It appears that it is a "one-off" by the same folks that did a show called Under the Quabbin about the towns in Massachusetts that were flooded when they built the Quabbin Reservoir that supplies water to Boston. Considering this post started last spring I would guess it may come around again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration