Is this a MODEL T tool?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Is this a MODEL T tool?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 01:28 am:

This was in a box of Model T tools I purchased. The "T" handle on the end-- threads in to push the contents. Any ideas?Model T tool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 02:00 am:

Jim,

Not at all sure, but that may be a period generic grease pump.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Thomas on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 03:47 am:

big time syringe to push 600W oil into rear end?

Yes... newbie having a little fun, but made sense to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 06:08 am:

Al is on the right track. You use it under the car to squirt in differential and transmission oil (non-T) and get oil all over yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 11:25 am:

I like the pushing 600 W oil idea! It even came with 2 different size tips! One for 600W and one for 140W ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Al Thomas on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 01:51 pm:

Well I'll be danged... I was right???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 03:15 pm:

If you are looking for a cheap 600 W grease pump, go to the dollar store & buy a turkey baster. These work great,but remember you will live longer if you don't use the one that the wife has in kitchen.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis M. Haworth on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 07:43 pm:

I have one just like it. I have always used it to put oil in differentials. I won't be able to use it on the T until I get the rear end back together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sherm Wetherbee on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 09:22 pm:

I have always used one of these for the 600w. You will have to take it apart and reverse the leather cup to make it work. Unscrew the front and pour the oil in, crank away and it will work better than anything new you can buy. Plus, when polished, it looks great on the garage wall. Much better than anything new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 09:44 pm:

"but remember you will live longer if you don't use the one that the wife has in kitchen."

Just ask forgiveness instead of permission, or just don't tell her. She'll wonder what happened to it, but after a few days she'll just pick up another one. The problem occurs when you tell her you used it to put oil in the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 12:05 am:

The one I got several years ago has a clear plastic hose instead of a metal tube so you can see the oil going in. You shouldn't have to take it apart to fill it. Just stick the nozzle into your container of oil and pull back the handle. It's sort of like filling an eye dropper or a fountain pen (What's that?).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 12:57 am:

Steve,

My Father's rule, always carry a fountain pen, if you have to hand it to someone, always keep the cap & you'll always get it back.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 01:02 am:

Jim,

I have the same carpet, if my wife were still with us & she saw that on the floor, she would have had 2 trophies in vinegar sitting on the mantel & I'd be singing male soprano.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JACK ROSSI on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 02:01 am:

This is a suction/pump to pull out the 600w from the rear end and then to refill with fresh oil...I just bought a new one from Lang's for twenty bucks....
flivver Jack Rossi 25 roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 08:03 am:

Welcome back, Alex! Did you and your cmputer get the same virus?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 08:43 am:

Ricks,

Alex's post above was made on 14th May 2009.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:09 am:

oooh! Darn.

Thomas, are you related to the airplane co. of some note? Somewhere I have a pic of a Stinson a guy tried to fly from Rockford, Illinois, to Sweden in about 1931, and crash landed in Greenland. It was recovered in about 1968 and is now in a museum in Rockford.

rdr
on DC walkabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 10:47 am:

I attended a meeting last year at Stinson Field outside San Antonio. They've restored the old terminal from the '30s/'40s and its a wonderful conference center. Neat pictures on the walls of the Stinsons and the Wrights. I may not be remembering correctly, but I think a Stinson was the first female pilot registered in the US and there's a picture of her receiving it directly from Orville Wright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:22 am:

Col. Bert Hassell and his 1928 attempt to be the first to fly the "Great Circle" route to Europe in his plane, "The Greater Rockford."

\image{stinson}

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:22 am:

hmmm

stinson

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 11:59 am:

A buddy of mine used his wife's turkey baster to suck bad gasoline out of his boat's carburetor. He washed it out and put it back.
Thanksgiving bird tasted and smelled like gasoline. Not a happy wife!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 04:11 pm:

Bob,

And, if Momma isn't happy, ain't no one happy!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration