26-27 T coupe measurements

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 26-27 T coupe measurements
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wil warren on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 01:47 pm:

I am interested in building my own steel body coupe. Does anyone know where i could obtain some measurements for a starting point at least?
I will going to some events in near monthes that I am sure will have a few T's there, but would like to start on my drawing/plans soon.
Any help or measurements any one has would be appreciated.

Wil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 02:08 pm:

No such drawings exist to the best of my knowledge. Have you seen a 26-27 all steel coupe body up close? There are many compound curves and some heavy gage steel framing and substructures. Restoring an existing coupe body would seem to be more time and cost effective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 02:46 pm:

Jeff is correct.

Much better to start with a used worn out body.

If your going to street rod it, the coupe body at least gives you the subframe rails, you can custom sheetmetal over it, leave off the window risers and add electric lifts.....

Parts book illustration

Coupe body on eBay last month, no sale at $600 asking price....a nice start here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 10:16 pm:

Along those same lines, can anyone post or give me the dimensions or refer me to some source for the dimensions of the wooden seat back frame and the wooden seat bottom for a 1927 coupe? these are the wooden frames that the cushions ride on.
My coupe didnt have the frames in it when I purchased it.
Thanks
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William E. Harris on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 05:38 pm:

Jim Yes I could give you the information if I had your e mail address. Send it to me. On my coupe the bottom of the seat had the wood frame. I however have not had the wood support for the back of the seat--I am also looking for those measurements.
Does the front of the metal framework on which the seat rests have two pins on top---they fit in to two holes in the wood frame to shift the front seat forward or backward.
Bill Harris

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration