Car title from 1927

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Car title from 1927
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Love on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:14 am:

does anyone know the value of a car title for a 1927 ford? I found it along with a newspaper cliping about the car being in a fire etc.. if not where should i look or who should i talk to? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:30 am:

Probably not much, I'd look in the Yellow Pages for a antique paper dealer. Personally I'd frame it along with clipping & hang it on the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:34 am:

I think he means a clear current title to a 1927 Ford. Not a vintage title from 1927. The value is based on can it be transfered,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 09:11 pm:

I have a stack of old titles for mostly Model Ts but have never found anyone slightly interested in them. Most are dated in the late 20s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Cornelius on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

Put it on ebay with a good picture of the title and you should get some bids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 05:59 pm:

quote:

Put it on ebay with a good picture of the title and you should get some bids.

...right before eBay removes it (without refunding your listing fees) because it is against their policies! That is a "no-no" with them.

Mike, titles have a value as long as they are an open, transferrable title. In other words, whomever's name is one the front needs to have signed off on the back conveying their interest to someone else. Otherwise the legal complications of forgery (even if that person is deceased) and all of the "hoops" that someone needs to go through is too much trouble for the benefit. A couple of hundred dollars for a good usuable title down to a couple of dollars for a "historical document" that is only good for framing on the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Love on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 06:51 am:

sorry, i got it out and it is actually title for a 1924 ford body TRG, engine # 9034009, that has a stamp of may 1927, it is the actual title from 1927, no signatures etc... on the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHAD NALL on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 11:25 pm:

HI, I AM INTERESTED IN THE TITLE. I NEED ONE FOR AN EARLY MODEL T. A 24 WILL WORK. OR IF ANY ONE HAS ONE I WOULD PREFER A 27 BUT WILL DO WITH WHAT I CAN FIND
THANK YOU
CDCUSTOMS@COMCAST.NET

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 12:41 am:

Yeh, that's what the world needs, another streetrod with a forged title.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jkcallin on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 12:50 pm:

If this title were to be purchased and used on an actual Model "T", with the numbers from the document stamped into the existing block, would it be any less forged or illegitimate ??? Ethically and legally, the answer is, "no".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 01:48 pm:

Agree with jkcallin

The government makes it so dang hard to register an antique car.

Face it, all the registration does is make tax dollars for the state government to spend away.

Who is an antique car owner trying to rob, steal, or scam when he is only trying to title his love to get a license plate and enjoy a hobby?

You get the ninth degree every time you step up to the window at a DMV and plea to pay your taxes and get a title on an antique auto.

The bureaucrat clerk demands to have paper trail, so what do you do, you find (or buy) an old title from a long gone vehicle and use it to register your antique....who are you hurting?

'Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's', then I say keep the rest for yourself :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHAD NALL on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 12:20 am:

I AM NOT TRYING TO ROB OR STEAL OR SCAM, SOME ONE STOLE MY FRAME AND NUMBERS AND I AM JUST TRYING TO GET A TITLE FOR MY CAR. 99.9% IS CUSTOM ANY WAY SO WHAT IS THE INJUSTICE I AM DOING? NONE. SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SARCASTIC ABOUT ANOTHER STREET ROD WITH A FORGED TITLE, COME TO MY SHOP AND SHOW ME AN EXACT TITLE FOR ANY OF THE 20 STREET RODS AND CUSTOMS I AM BUILDING FOR MY VALUABLE CUSTOMERS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 10:21 am:

For display purposes, I would love to have a scanning of a 1926-27 period title that I could scan into Adobe Photoshop to order to clone out the written information so as to enter the information for my Model T's. It would demonstrate what a period title would have looked like, were it authentic. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 10:23 am:

Chad,

Lower case my friend. All Caps is hard on the eyes and read as hostile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob's 26 Speed on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 11:06 am:

I would love to have a valid open title that could be transfered for my 26 speedster project than going thru Broadway title or some other title replacement agency out of state costing lots of money and time. Illinois is no friend to undoumented or pieced together model T's / antique cars with no titles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob's 26 Speed on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 11:09 am:

I would love to have a valid open title that could be transfered for my 26 speedster project than going thru Broadway title or some other title replacement agency out of state costing lots of money and time. Illinois is no friend to undoumented or pieced together model T's / antique cars with no titles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob's 26 Speed on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 11:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jkcallin on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 02:02 pm:

I AM NOT TRYING TO ROB OR STEAL OR SCAM, SOME ONE STOLE MY FRAME AND NUMBERS AND I AM JUST TRYING TO GET A TITLE FOR MY CAR. 99.9% IS CUSTOM ANY WAY SO WHAT IS THE INJUSTICE I AM DOING? NONE. SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SARCASTIC ABOUT ANOTHER STREET ROD WITH A FORGED TITLE, COME TO MY SHOP AND SHOW ME AN EXACT TITLE FOR ANY OF THE 20 STREET RODS AND CUSTOMS I AM BUILDING FOR MY VALUABLE CUSTOMERS

Grow a thicker skin, Chad. No need to get your d**k in a knot. Like it or not, when you buy a title and put those numbers on another vehicle that does not contain even one cotter pin from the vehicle on the title, it is fraud pure and simple. Have many of us done it? Yes. Are we trying to defraud someone or cause someone loss. No. Mostly we are just trying to get our cars running and on the road, but the draconian laws, that many states have in place, make it nearly impossible. If you are so sure of your methods of titling your vehicles, then why not go to the DMV and tell them exactly what you are doing? Give me the address to your shop and if I'm in the area, I'll stop by and look at your work. And, yeah, loose the caps. It is just too tedious to read.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration