OT. WWII uniform update.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT. WWII uniform update.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Thank you for all the great suggestions for a home for my wife’s uncle’s WWII uniform.

We found a great place for it.

It is going to NASA headquarters in Washington DC and will be displayed near the director’s office.

We have an “inside guy” that has made the arrangements and will ensure it is treated with respect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

Great news, good job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

That's great to hear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

I wish that we had two or three of the uniforms because there were numerous deserving options.

As usual I appreciate my friends (and the not so friendly folks ) on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

I had a scrap book from an uncle, by marriage, from WWII. He served on on The Columbia in the Pacific. I think it was a heavy cruiser. It was not extensive but deserved more than moldering
away in a trunk. I went on line and found there was a reunion group and also a museum in Columbia,
S.C. It went to the museum where I'm sure it can be seen and appreciated. These reunion groups are
still out there and I'm sure would appreciate
any contributions to their museums and displays
Don't forget the "Greatest Generation" if you have any WWII items

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

An elderly friend of mine gave me a wooden case years ago. She told me it was a Japanese machine gun that had been sent to her father by a nephew. The Nephew was a Marine fighting in the Islands in the South Pacific. I didn't believe her but took the item believing it was some kind of an antique military gun. When I opened it with my FFL licensed buddy we found out it was in fact a Japanese Light Machine gun. My buddy informed me that having such an unlicensed weapon could land us in jail. I was finally able to donate it to the Army museum at Camp Robinson near Little Rock, Ar,

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration