Late Peddle Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Late Peddle Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Oh look new year's worth of forum!
The other day I posted about the first outing of my TT snowmobile.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/822249.html?1514690020

This has brought up a number of issues to correct, one is my 6'4" body and size 13 boots. Other than floor boards are there any issues with putting a 26-27 peddle on the low speed transmission shaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:59 am:

Not that I know of, but there are period accessory pedal extenders that might be easier if you can find them: :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/699122.html?1480988439

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

Just make sure you put new notches and cams in when you do it.

I'm putting a 26-7 brake pedal in the 'Bug. I have slipped off it far to many times when I really needed to stop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

I put the later pedals on my TT but I did it back when i was on medication and I couldn't tell you how I did it if I tried.But I do know it can be done.Best I can remember I used some pedals from damaged shafts and i somehow got the pins out of the shafts and pedals but like I said,I can't remember.
It is a big help. I should have done it on my pickup as I will be driving it a good bit more than the TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Actually the issue is much less slipping and more the width of my boot just not fitting in there. The distance between my knee and the peddle is barely enough so any distance helps. I probably need to add the reverse extender device to make it easier to operate.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration