WIDE PEDAL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: WIDE PEDAL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

as John Noonan said for us big foot's, I heard there is a way to rework--bend --redo, the brake lever so as to allow ones big foot and leg to move around this very important device without tearing up his pant leg and causing the back of the knee to bleed.seems the model t was built for the smaller double jointed folks,so we six foot three hundred pounder's with size 14 feet have to make adjustments at times.[id rather do the adjusting to myself but adjusting the FORD is much less costly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Enter and exit thru the passengers side...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:42 pm:

Greg, are you talking about the brake lever or the pedal? I'm easily confused. :-)
Zee-ing the parking brake lever to get it out of the way is pretty easy to do.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Yes, you can bend the brake lever towards the driver's side to give some extra room (I did mine cold with a big honkin' Crescent wrench).

Don't go too far, or the end of the lever will dig into the side trim when the lever is fully forward. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 12:56 am:

What model do you have is it a touring or a enclosed model, I have a 26 touring made in Canada with four doors but the drivers side door is a tight fit even for Santa's elves, I enter from the passenger side, the wide pedals were used on later model Ts, the early model pedals were all narrow like the reverse pedal with out the vertical blade which I think was designed to help your foot stay on the pedal but can also catch a pants leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 03:19 am:

There are aftermarket pedal extensions for the clutch and brake pedal that bolt on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration