Trying to post an old car Picture for the first time

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Trying to post an old car Picture for the first time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Hudson on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Pre-WWI Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

What a great picture. Very cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

Now we want to know what make that beast of a speedster is. Young man at the wheel looks like he's ready to open the throttle full bore, devil take the hindmost !! Touring in the background almost looks like a Ford, but it's not . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Hudson on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

I didn't think I could do it! Now that the picture is up, I can relate a "T connection". Some time ago I was out driving my '25 T Roadster and stopped at a friend's house who had an elderly Uncle visiting him. I showed him the car and took him for a ride. He really knew his old cars! A short time later, he passed away and my friend gave me a box of "old car stuff" his Uncle wanted me to have. It was a collection of old pictures, manuals, brochures etc. that had been collected by his Father going back from before the "Great War" to the 1950s. This Jackson ("No Hill too Steep, No Sand Too Deep") speedster belonged to a friend of his named "Mr Earl" who drove it in the Syracuse NY area just before WWI. As I scan the pictures, I'll post them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Looking forward to seeing more from your box of old car stuff. Thanks for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:53 am:

What a wonderful legacy. Thanks for sharing !!

Jackson !! I remember that slogan, probably from a Floyd Clymer scrapbook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:57 am:

Looking forward to more pics as well :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

OT:
Gary It was a surprise to see the name Schreiber!
When I was stationed in Hanau, Germany I went to a small beer place and it was owned by an older couple and we knew them by the title of Herr and Frau Schreiber.
Enough said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

WTG James, very nice photo.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration