Model T????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:10 am:

This is an old photo of my house being moved on to it's foundation. I think the car being used is a model T, but I have no idea of the year. I know that my mother was born in that house in 1922, so the photo, and the "T", are at least that old. Off topic, but the house was an old one room school house that was being moved to be used by my family as their house. It was probably at least 50 years old at the time of this photo. Currently I am the 4th generation to live in the house, and most likely the last as my kids have no interest keeping it in the family.

House

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:18 am:

From what I can see it looks like T 1919-1922.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Norm, can you post a currant picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:06 pm:

Sorry, I meant Gus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gus on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

Kind of cold here in Michigan to get creative right now so I just ran out and snapped a quick picture with my phone.

H2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

Thanks Gus, the house looked bigger on the first picture. Sorry I made you go out in the cold. You are probably the same temp as I which is 15 below.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

I wonder if, to have the gearing it would take to move a house, the T had a Warford or at least a Ruxtell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

I think the T just happens to be in the picture. A lot of folks don't realize how common "house moving" was "in the old days". Two rooms of our house were the Thomas, Id post office from 1890 to 1895. When it became defunct, the first owner bought the building and moved it three miles to use for a house when he "proved up" on this quarter section in 1895.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

It would be my thought the car was only parked there?Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 02:18 pm:

When I was about 11 I helped my dad move a house about that size. It was just about 100 yards but we used his 1960 chevy wagon with 3 speed and straight 6. Once on logs as rollers it doesnt take much effort.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration