Spring Shackles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spring Shackles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:29 am:

There was a discussion recently, (which I can't find) on shackles. This morning I saw a pair of late fronts on ebay for $30, Ford script. If I was looking for some, I'd buy them. Why buy repros when you can buy the real thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:46 am:

I saw those too, I hope they guy(s) who were looking for some get them. :-)

I have to believe that there are a few Ebay sellers who lurk on the forum and then list parts that are being discussed. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

Thanks Larry, that would be me asking about shackles. Saw the ones on eBay. Problem with stock ones is wear. The two sets that I've purchased were described as in great shape. Not so, with over .40 wear. Unless I can find a NOS set my options are limited to new repro. Thanks again for posting the heads up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

The pair I saw don't look like they have any wear. I would contact the seller, and ask him to mike them, then you'll know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 03:40 pm:

Gosh just gave a bunch away oh well they went to a good home

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

I found some NOS fronts on e-bay last summer. So, they do turn up from time to time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration