T pickup project thread.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: T pickup project thread.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:42 am:

I will post a link to my old thread.I have some questions on the later post I am hoping to get more info on. I got some advice on the window frame brackets but still need to know about the wiper and and such.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/801860.html?1514690804
I will post my updates and new questions to this thread.thanks for all help and encouragement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

Well I got the new switch in,and the carb repaired. I still had a skip,just not running right. It got worse when I retarded the timing.
I checked the obvious,loose wires,and stuff touching.But I remembered I am useing a New day timer that has a brush. Brushes wear and leave deposits in other things. So I thought i would check and see if there was deposits in the housing and sure enough, grit and such. I cleaned the contacts with a scotch bright pad on a die grinder,just a couple quick taps and it all looked new. Sprayed electrical contact cleaner on everything and reassembled and it runs as it should.
I also did 1 thing some purist may not think much of but I bought a roll of header wrap.It is a high temp fiberglass "tape" that you wrap exhaust pipes and headers with on race cars and so forth. I did it to help keep some of the heat away from the wood body and out of the vehicle.

I still aint finished the body yet,but the work on the chassis must be done to so all will be done in the end. I still have the questions I ask at the end of the last years thread. I got some help on the brackets but the rest I am still kinda cfused about.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration