First Drive of 2018

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: First Drive of 2018
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

Took Nellie for a drive around Rochester and up my favorite test hill in Highland Park. It was 8 degrees out there ... brrr.

T in snow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

Looks like a great time :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

Nice winter front! I thought about driving today, but the forecast for tomorrow is just as sunny and about ten degrees F warmer than today. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Amazed that the heat from the engine does such a good job of keeping my feet and legs warm in an open car. I started with the winterfront completely closed but saw some steam coming out the top of the radiator after climbing this hill and opened it up for the rest of the hour drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

Ok so I am green with envy! :-) I did not get to do my last day of the year drive just before midnight this year, both cars are down. Going out to the shop when it gets warmer and do some more work on the 25's front end. My 21's name is Nellybell (after my Grandma who learned to drive in a T), I think the new one will be Clay, for the friend that gifted it to me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

I drove but it was my model a coupe. Your right the heat was good but I was in a coupe. It was 14 degrees with 15mph winds. My phone said it felt like -1 here in north Georgia mountains

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

It needed to be driven, it's been 3 months this since I started it. We just got finished with 90 days of 70+ hours a week and I haven't had time to look at my cars. So it was great to do something beside work.what great way to start the new year..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

This is Champ and I on our New Years Drive down to Sandusky Bay which is now frozen. You can see the coal dock way in the background of the one pic. this is where lake freighters come into to load up with coal. It was a bit cool at 12* but the wind chill took it down to almost unbearable, and the light snow didn't help any. I had to throw some card board in to sit on because I'm replacing the top and interior. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Mark, that picture would make a great Christmas card !

James, don't dogs make the best co-pilots ? Champ looks like he's not minding the cold at all !

My hat's off to you hardy fellers ! My first T drive of the year will likely be quite a while from now . . . gearing up for differential surgery right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Took a variant and set it up for a gelatin silver snap shot.

Black and white T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 07:33 pm:

Wishing I was out driving but just playing today:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 07:59 pm:

I just got back from the New Years Day "Cool Car Cruise" at the Kitsap Mall in Silverdale WA.
I took the '16 RFC.
The weather was bright sunshine and about 45 degrees.
1100 cars showed up !!

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 09:01 am:

1100 Cars??
Pictures Bob.
PLEASE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Paul,

Due to a "Cerebral Malfunction" I didn't take any pictures. :-(

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Remove the top floorboard. You'll get some good heat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 02:31 pm:

Ha ... or a whole lot of cold air !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration