Leaf springs speader

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Leaf springs speader
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent bassani Califon, NJ on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

I'm going to put a new rear leafspring on my 26 coupe and was wondering if there is anyone in the Califon New Jersey area that has a spring spreader I could rent for a day or so instead of buying one ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 10:54 am:

Vincent: all you need is a piece of 2X4, look in the Ford Service book Fig 366. Heater????? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 11:29 am:

Another method for separating the rear spring from the axle goes like this:

1 Rear of frame on jack stands.
2 Remove rear wheels.
3 Loosen (but don't remove) perch nuts until the shackles relax.
4 Remove shackles.
5 Remove spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

Hi Vincent,

A video here for a Model A but could apply to Model T. I did on that way. Hope that help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu5dkvuxfYk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 12:50 pm:

I use one of those strap tie downs that you can can to tighten. Works great for compressing the spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

Easy to make one and it works good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration