24 Touring Barn Car Revival - Part 2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 24 Touring Barn Car Revival - Part 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Looking forward to continued progress as I try to get this old touring car back on the road after a nearly 50 year slumber.

Here's the link to the 2017 thread if you want to go back to the beginning of my project.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/732050.html

I built a new barn on the back of my property to house the car and will soon be pulling the rear axle for a rebuild. After that, I'll pull the engine and give it a diagnosis and probably take it on a trip to see Ross Lilleker.

I've made a deal on a set of wheels that I'll pick up at Chickasha....so hopefully after that, we'll be getting close to a first drive.

(Message edited by rustyfords on January 02, 2018)

(Message edited by rustyfords on January 02, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Glad you continued this thread :-) You have an exciting Summer lined up and look forward to your progress!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Ok now ... get to work! I bought my unrestored '23 runabout in November 2016. Had it apart by late December, rebuilt all the mechanicals, stabilized the sheet metal and had it inspected for the road by August 2017. And that was mostly in my unheated garage during the winter here in Rochester. You can do it in warm sunny Texas! :-)

T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Thanks guys!

I love your runabout Mark...everything about it is just perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

Thanks Don. Let me know if you need help, encouragement or parts. I might have extras.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey (The Woodlands TX) on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Don - I need to do the rear at some point. Have not had the courage yet! Interested in how it goes!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration