AC Brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: AC Brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

Iím sure this has been asked but a search left me confused. Where can I order AC small drum brakes for my 15 T. Garage is heated and would be a perfect winter project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 07:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 07:42 pm:

I never installed a set of new but have bought couple used sets and they work great
Hoping buy a set the spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

You may also order the bell crank and rods by Rich, for these new AC that Larry makes. Really well done and made to fit your year chassis/body style without drilling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 12:01 am:

Not knocking Richard's setup but I am going to do a Larry here, the original cable setup is simplicity in it's construction and use. Google mtfca; AC brake , there have been lots of samples posted in the last few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

I have a Larry - Richard setup on my 19 and am very happy with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

Talk to Larry today. He is sending me is info on his AC Brakes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

The one issue I ran into with using cables for either Rockies or ACs with cables is my Warford transmission.... The drive shaft is sorter, moving the pivot point back and obstructing the angle between the pedal and the pivot point.

Has anyone used a cable activation setup while having a Warford installed? If so can you please post pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Gary, Im in the same situation. Im trying to design something to use on my speedster project. It has a Warford. I have used my AC set of brakes, with cable set-up before, on a car without a Warford. No problem without the Warford, but the darn Warford is now in the way. So Im also interested in info ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

Right now I'm using an equalizer with rods, but would like to do away with the equalizer and use something that pulls the cable rather than pushing the equalizer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:09 am:

It would be nice to all, if those who choose to reproduce a part would do it correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:58 am:

Gary, I have a rocky style equalizer that appears to be able to work using either rods or hooking a cable and pulley to the center of the equalizer. I have never been a fan of how the Rocky style equalizer works. So Im still in the "figure it out" stage of my project. I think that the repro AC brakes work just fine without a Warford in the way. The original AC brakes were not designed to work with a Warford. They were only designed to work on a stock T driveline ... I have found out while building the speedster project, that when you change one part, it affects two more parts... But if it was easy, the Chebby guys would be over here building cars instead of playing with their Chebbys... :-) :-) (no hate mail please :-) :-))

(Message edited by dobro1956 on January 06, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:39 am:

This is what made and use;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/402037.html?1384711491

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

You can't beat an original Rocky Mountain Equalizer! It's the simplest thing on earth. The trouble is with the repro boys, is they complicate things! Rocky Mountain and AC brakes both used cables!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Walters on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

AC Brakes could use rod. I used on my 1922 and work really well. I bought the bell crank and rod kit made by Richard Baughman. Work extremely well. I will add Richard is a gentlemen and you will be please dealing with him. please use the modified pedal made by Larry much easier to use correctly AC Brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Here's an AC brake setup using rods (not mine, mine uses cables).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVeIbRx7wE&t=116s

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration