O.T. Need help ID'n a Steering Gear.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: O.T. Need help ID'n a Steering Gear.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Needing help to ID this Steering Gear, something I picked up last year with a bunch of Model T Parts. It would help to know what it is to then sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Don't know about the box itself, but the steering wheel sure looks like a Chevy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

Yeah, the web of the steering wheel and what you can see of the lever quadrant looks like 490 Chevrolet -maybe.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

i had a early pile of 490 one time, the cloum didn't look like that. but the wheel douse look like chev .charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:18 am:

490 Chev.Same column that I run in my 13 speedster.Very stable at speed . Cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Peter McIntyre, is that a Model T speedster? If so do you like it better than a stock T setup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 06:24 am:

Jerome yes it is in a speedster.Not as twitchy as the stock set up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:10 am:

Hi From -10F in Iowa! I would love to try one of these conversions in a speedster, but am curious. As I understand most boxes will require switching from T cross steer to side steer like A or Chev? What do you folks find works best to do this? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

x member

Here is the x member that I used to attach the 490 steering box to the T frame.Car is apart at present being painted.I still use the cross type T steering only change is the steering box

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration