A special shout out for Erik Barrett in Aulburn, CA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A special shout out for Erik Barrett in Aulburn, CA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

I just wanted to let everyone in the forum know that I’ve been pleased with Erik Barrett engine & babbitt work. Five+ years ago I had Erik do the babbitt, put in a new crank and work on some other things on my engine. There are not a lot of people who know the lost art of babbitt work and it is great to have someone like Erik doing it.

Due to many reasons, on my end it took me five years to finally put the engine in the car. I am happy to be on the road again! I also want to say thanks to Erik for working with me. It’s been fun to be drive my T again!

Additionally, I want to say thanks to Ron at Oil Can Alley in Redwood City for all his tired-less effort and encouragement.

Matt
“Your Model T is original if someone doesn’t change it.”

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:34 am:

Thanks Matt. Glad to hear you are on the road again.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

Erik done work for me and we helped eachother and been friend over 20 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

But Erik Gets the Job Done! NO FOOLING AROUND!

No fooling around, no need to call him every few days, no need to worry.
He just does it like a person is supposed to.
Oh, about the first job he did for me was pour new mains on a model A.
I went back a week later, maybe longer but I don’t think so, and he showed me the rear man the I took up there with the engine,
He said it was a bit skinny around the bolt flanges and that he found a better one, a later one I guess, that was beefy around the bolt holes.
He babbitted that one and put it on so I would never get a come-back from a broken rear main.
The extra money it cost me is not even worth mentioning. I’ve paid more for lunch.
He knew I’d want it, he didn’t bother me about it, He Just Got The Job Done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:34 pm:

Erik, Martin, Derek, Geezer, George.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

Steve,
That is a nice photo! Thanks for posting.

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:12 am:

Yes That was a fun day at Bakersfield. Erik Barrett, The Three Muske T ers and young D'Artagnan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 12:33 am:

On April 1 1996. My grandfather died! and I bought 2 of the model T's from the estate In June of 98 I blew up my 27coupe. Erik volunteered to help. The 1st babbit job that Eric did I got the pleasure to pour babbitt with him to this day the car is still running with the same Babbit. We have become good friends. I try to help when I can . He has become a mentor to me, both him and his dad. Erik and Roger Barrett are class act. And there always there to help if you ask even with advice. I feel honored to have a friend like him! Robert WC 2 team

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

Oh ya, I forgot, they’re always there, Erik and his Dad.
One or the other.
I have never heard of anyone going up there after a conformation call and found them gone.
It is frustrating as heck when you drive a long ways expecting someone to be there and they are not. Especially after calling first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

Oh ya, I forgot, they’re always there, Erik and his Dad.
One or the other.
I have never heard of anyone going up there after a conformation call and found them gone.
It is frustrating as heck when you drive a long ways expecting someone to be there and they are not. Especially after calling first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Theodore c. johnson on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

Erik did A grate job on repairing my 12 eng block and installing a Scat crank

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration