Can anyone ID the carb for me?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Can anyone ID the carb for me?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 12:15 am:

I bought this thinking it would fit on my Model T. The bolts holes are farther apart than my stock manifold. What would it fit? I know a lot of you guys are well versed in old engine stuff unlike me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

c1c2c3c4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:08 am:

Scott that would not work on a stock intake anyway even if the holes lined up. It's an up draft, T's are side draft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:18 am:

I just saw the patent date and bought it a while back. Curious what it fits?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:17 am:

Can you please post your carburetor right side up? Makes me nuts when people post them on ebay in every orientation ..... except right side up. Makes it easier to visualize on the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 08:13 am:

reo used that carb in the teens. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:20 am:

Interesting. Any idea of value? It wonít fit for my vehicle.

Sorry about the pictures turning upside down. I will fix it when I get back to my computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:37 am:

It's not upside down on my computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:06 am:

mine show right side up too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Not worth much, heres one that sold on ebay recently.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Johnson-Carburetor-Model-A-320-Updraft-1913-18- HIT-MISS-ENGINE-ORIGIN/132412191499?hash=item1ed461b30b:g:p5oAAOSwTm9Z~JDq&vxp=m tr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Buicks and Maxwells used them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:44 am:

You guys are a great wealth of knowledge. Thank you. I only paid $30 for it so I didnít pay too much.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration